The Wolf and the Diamond Rehearse

"Dia, there's an anime convention coming up," Kingsley brought up during breakfast. "Do you want to go?"

"Are you and Donny free that day?" Diamond inquired. "If you're busy, I can ask Wolfie if he wants to go,"

"We don't have anything planned that day," Donald immediately told her once she mentioned going with Wolf. 'The two of them...alone together...No!' "We can all go together,"

Diamond thought about all the happy moments she had of the past anime conventions, sans the memories she had when she attended with Evan. "I'd like to go this year with both of you and Wolfie,"

'I was hoping that she'd exclude Wolf,' Donald thought. "I'll go and buy the passes,"

"But I need to ask Wolfie if he has time those days first," Diamond said. "He might be busy with plans,"

"If you want him to go, unfortunately, he will go," Donald told her. 'I don't want Dia to be sad if he doesn't attend,'

Donald Na:
Dia wants you to attend the
upcoming anime convention
with us

Donald Na:
As much as I don't want you
there, you WILL attend

Donald Na:
If she wants you to cosplay,
you WILL cosplay

Donald Na:
Am I clear?

Wolf Keum:
Yes

"I just texted him," Donald informed. "He's attending,"

"Please stop threatening my best friend," Diamond groaned.

"I didn't threaten him, see?" Donald showed the text conversation to his little sister. "I just gave him instructions,"

"It's the tone of your texts that are threatening..."

"Hey, he's the one who's interpreting the tone through his own screen. If he thinks it's threatening, then it's on him,"

"..." Diamond sighed loudly at her brother's words. "Seriously?" She shook her head. "Anyway, I'm gonna be stuck at school for a little while longer than usual since the class needs to rehearse for the play,"

XXX

"Wolfie!" Drake waved as he ran up to his friend at the school gates.

Wolf smiled back. "Hey Drake,"

Hayden and Hwangmo were spying on them nearby but out of sight. "Wolf's smile...should be illegal..." Hayden shuddered. "Brightness and warmth are beginning to radiate from him just like that Drake kid's smile. That's not normal at all,"

"At least it's not physically blinding like Drake's," Hwangmo shrugged. "Wolf used to bring sunglasses to school but now he's used to Drake's bright smile,"

"So Wolfie, do you want to go to the anime convention with me and my brothers?" Drake asked. "Ignore my brother's threats. If you don't want to go, you don't have to,"

"I'm find with going with you," Wolf said. "I'm more worried about your brother attempting to murder me,"

"I'll make sure he doesn't attack you," Drake promised. "I'll protect you, Wolfie!"

Everyone who overheard his declaration found it very odd and bizarre that someone claimed to want to protect Wolf when he could defend himself just fine. I mean, he was Rank Five in the Shuttle Patch for a reason.

"Hey," Wolf gently flicked Drake's forehead. "I'm the one who'll protect you,"

"Oh god, they're both blushing," Hayden stared at the scene. "I can't believe Wolf would date someone so different from him!"

"You know what they say," Hwangmo shrugged. "Opposites attract,"

"Also, who's Drake's brother anyway?" Hayden questioned. "Apparent they have the balls to attempt to murder Wolf,"

"Probably an overprotective older brother," Hwangmo shrugged.

"Oh, we should also invite your other friends too," Drake suggested.

"They're not my friends," Wolf deadpanned. "You're my only friend,"

"You hang around them a lot," Drake pointed out.

"I only tolerate them for work," Wolf claimed. "Just like how I only tolerate Jake,"

"Jake seemed really friendly though," 

Wolf felt another pang of jealousy. "Well, he's overly friendly with everyone and it's very annoying,"

"You really don't like Jake," Drake sweat-dropped.

XXX

For class, they would be rehearsing Blizzard White and the Seven Gnomes on the stage. It'd be done without props since they were still incomplete and under construction. When it was time for Blizzard White's debut and for Drake to say his lines, he shakily walked onto stage but made no move to speak.

Wolf smiled reassuringly to him and silently mouthed, "You can do it,"

'Wolfie believes in me. I'm scared and nervous, but I should at least try. Trying and failing is better than failing without any attempts at all,' Drake took a deep breath and managed to say his lines, although his voice trembled a lot and he fumbled over several of his lines. His volume was also too soft.

They continued rehearsing, going through the entire play at least two times. Whenever Drake got nervous or froze up, he would look over to Wolf for reassurance. With each set of lines, Drake began to improve little by little, stuttering less and speaking louder and clearer.

When it was Wolf's turn to say his lines, his classmates thought he'd half-ass it and not really put much effort. They didn't think he'd put any emotion into it at all. But to everyone's surprise, shock, and probably nightmare, Wolf was a really good actor. They all teared up when Prince Charming spoke of the "dead" Snow White.

It wasn't a complete act. Wolf had accidentally channeled his feelings for Diamond into his performance. He had poured his yearning for her and his desire to be with her as well as protect her into his lines.

Totally random but did you know that there is a version where there are four Prince Charmings who are brothers?
Chance Charming married Cinderella, Chase Charming married Sleeping Beauty, Chandler Charming married Snow White, and Charles Charming married Red Riding Hood.