The Wolf and the Dragon Become Friends

Several unconscious bodies littered the ground around Wolf. He hadn't cared who his opponents had been. He just needed to blow off some steam and needed to hit some people. But still...Wolf was so confused. 'If anyone stared at me for three seconds or more, then I'd beat the shit out of them!' He thought angrily as he started to walk home. 'So then what makes that boy so different!? For some reason I didn't want to hurt him!'

'It must be because he's not worth my time. I'm just being logical and not wasting my time on someone like him. It probably wouldn't be as fun to beat him compared to beating the shit out of Sam!' "Fuck!" He slammed his fist against a nearby telephone pole. 'But I can't just ignore him! I want to ignore his existence and continue on with what I usually do, but I can't! I keep thinking of his sad expression when I refused to be his friend!'

'Maybe, if I spend enough time around him, I'll get tired of him. I'll lose interest and treat him the same way I do to everyone else. He'll be reduce to a mere background character that doesn't matter. I'll lose interest in him,' He smirked. 'I'll accept his offer in friendship so that the more I spend time with him, the quicker I'll grow tired of him. Once I'm done with him, I'll tell him we were never friends to begin with! He can cry and sob all he wants but I won't give a single fuck!'

XXX

The next day, Drake arrived to his classroom without a problem. He tried to greet the students as they entered, hoping that he could befriend them, but he did not have the courage to do so. Instead, he passed time by doodling in his notebook.

When Wolf came to class, his eyes were immediately drawn to Drake and he walked over to him. "Let's be friends,"

Drake stared at Wolf. "But...y-you said..."

"I changed my mind," Wolf claimed. "So let's be friends," 'How dare he question me!? I am Wolf Keum! No one talks back to me!'

'A friend...He wants to be my friend...' Drake beamed at the purple haired teen. "Friends!"

Wolf squinted. 'His smile is too bright!' He looked away and headed over to his seat. 'If he smiles a lot, then I'll need to bring some sunglasses with me,' 

'I have a friend now!' Drake mentally cheered. He was in a much brighter mood. 'I actually have a friend! I can't wait to tell Donny and King! I have a friend and his name's Wolfie Keum!'

Meanwhile, the rest of the class had the same collective thought. 'Wolf Keum asked the new kid to be his friend!? This can't be real!'

XXX

Later that day, Drake happily skipped home. "Donny! King! Ducky! I made a friend today!"

Donald cracked his knuckles. "I would gladly like to meet this friend,"

Diamond pouted. "No! You can't beat him up!"

Ducky emphasized his owner's point by slapped Donald across the face. "Ba-caw!"

"I'm going to throw you into the deep fryer!" Donald lunged at the chicken.

"No!" Diamond hugged Ducky to her chest. "Kingsley! Donald's threatening to cook Ducky again!"

"Donald, stop threatening our sister's pet," Kingsley scolded.

"The stupid bird slapped me!"

"You've had worse wounds," Kingsley reminded. 

"It's about respect..." Donald mumbled.

"Also, you're not allowed to use the deep fryer,"

"..."

"So Dia," Kingsley asked. "You made a friend?"

"You know the nice guy who saved me from bullies yesterday?" Diamond asked. "He changed his mind and agreed to be my friend!"

"Why don't you invite this friend over?" Donald held up his fist, each digit wearing a ring.

"Ducky, slap him again," Diamond ordered and her pet chicken happily complied. "Donny, I thought you'd be happy for me. I finally got the courage to go to public school again and I actually got a friend!"

Donald brought his sister into a tight hug. "I'm sorry, Dia. I didn't mean to upset you. I'm just worried that they'll turn out like Evan. I don't want you to get hurt again,"

"I don't want to get hurt again either..." Diamond leaned into the warm hug. "But I don't want to stay home, hidden away from the world. I recovered physically, but I'm still afraid. Even though I'm afraid, I still want to try to live normally,"

"So, I take it that you won't tell me who he is?"

"Not yet," Diamond shook her head. "I know you'll try to scare him off.  I...I hope he really is a good guy and not secretly someone like Evan,"

"I want to shelter you from the cruel world forever," Donald said. "But I know I need to let you spread your wings and slowly step out of your comfort zone. It's terrifying, because I know that I won't be able to constantly be by your side,"

"I hate to break up this sibling moment," Kingsley interrupted. "But Dia, you're still holding Ducky and he's getting crushed between you and Donald,"

"DUCKY!" Dia shoved Donald away. "Ducky, are you alright!? I'm so sorry!"

Ducky took deep breaths and then slowly turned to Donald with rage-filled eyes. "BAWK!" He jumped towards the red-eyed boy and started pecking and clawing at him. "BAWK! BA-CAW!"

"GET OFF ME YOU STUPID BIRD!"

"BAWK! BAWK BA-CAW!"

Kingsley sweat-dropped at the sight. 'The great Donald Na will be defeated by Ducky the Chicken. Although Donald's getting hurt, he doesn't want to accidentally hurt our sister's pet too badly,'

So Wolf and Drake are now friends.