14. REGRETS

considering the hell of a mess and shouts coming from namjoons humble abode, one would think the house is experiencing a catastrophe all by itself.

broken glass pieces on the floor, shattered chair by the window, three alphas standing defensively, while two omegas cowering by a corner in discomfort amidst the mess.

all the source of this chaos is one alpha.

jungkook was seething in fury as he paced back and forth in what used to be taehyungs room. he was muttering things, hands coming to grip his hair in frustration occasionally, eyes rimmed red as he took shallow breaths.

why did he leave?

he hate me.

how did he escape?

he hate me.

will he be safe?

i should let him go.

jungkook was trained to have patience, to not falter in crucial situations, to always think clearly in a battle.

but right now, when the desperation and pain gets too much, the alpha grips the first thing he see throwing it at the wall. the loud clatter has his friends outside freezing everytime.

yoongi sighed for the upteenth time that morning, finally deeming it time to calm the younger. he walked slow strides to the room now reeking with alpha pheromones with slight notes of jasmine.

jungkooks defenses buildup just as the scent of another alpha crowded the room, his mates room.

he barred his teeth at yoongi, nails protruding out of his hands in clear warning as his pheromones spiked up telling the other alpha to back off.

hoseok and namjoon was ready to jump in if the younger attacks, while omegas clinged to each other for comfort.

"jungkook you need to calm down"

nothing was reaching jungkooks brain, his red eyes were piercing into yoongi.

"you breaking things or growling wont do anything good. we need to find taehyung and make sure he is safe."

jungkook seethed.

"no he hate me. he dont want me. i should let him go. i should let him go" he kept on muttering as if to convince himself.

"jungkook ah but he is out there alone." yoongi reasoned as calm as he can.

jungkook stopped his movements.

taehyung his alone.

what if he is scared?

what if he is hurt?

no..no.. he need to find taehyung.

jungkook broke down.

right now he didnt care if he is the future pack alpha, the one who everyone claims to be the strongest.

he fell on his knees as silent tears rolled down his face. jungkook was not even embarrassed right now. taehyung is his only thought.

the heart of others ached for the younger as they hugged and assured him that his mate will be alright.

even they didn't know it for sure, but right now, they decided a lie could be a comfort.

□□□

the entire forest engulfed taehyung.

with every passing second it felt like it is closing in on him.

taehyung doesn't know how much he travelled, but he sure knows he is far from jeon pack by now.