Truth

Chapter 4: Truth

At late midnight:

Arnav bangs the door in frustration and about to enter inside but a voice from behind stops him. It is his sister, Anjali who is looking at him worried.

"Chotte. What's wrong with you? Look at the clock. It's 1 A.m. Is this the time to come at home?" By avoiding Anjali, he walked away upstairs.

Anjali went behind him and entered his room. Entire room is a total mess, while he is throwing things on the floor. Anger is clearly displaying on his face. She didn't understand what had happened.

"What's wrong with you?" Anjali enquired.

"Di please, leave me alone." He roared. His anger filled voice echoed under the walls. She jerked back fearfully and weep. Seeing her tears, he cursed himself while she began to move out of his room.

"Wait" He stopped her grabbing her hand but she shoved it away and started walking away with disappointment when a sudden sound grabbed her attention. She turns back only to find her brother lying on the floor in a miserable condition.

To see him crying like a kid made her heart clench with pain. She was shocked to see him like this. She immediately held her brother and he rested his head in her lap.

"I am sorry. Di. I am really sorry".

"What happened Chotte. Why are you..?"

"I hurt everyone who loves me. I don't deserve to be in love. That's why everyone left me after using me". His eyes welled up and this really shocked him. When Khushi left, he never broke down. He kept inhibiting his feelings and tried to act tough and portray to her that it doesn't affect him but today for the first time she is seeing a completely different side of her brother. He is pouring his heart out. Anjali failed to suspect the reason for his misery. Certainly, something terrible has happened.

"Chotte. Look at me." Cupping his face, she forced him to look at him as he was hiding something grave. "Who fed this stupid thought in your mind. My chotte is the best. You never hurt anything. See your Di is fine" She said putting a smile on her face. But after seeing his state, it soon transformed into hurt.

"Di, I don't have much strength. I tried but you have no idea how hard to inhibit those feelings. I can't live without her".

"How long you will live in her memories. You have to accept the truth that she is gone".

No! He got up with a rage and punched the table violently. "She is mine. She has to come back to me."

"Stop this madness and move on." She tries to control him but he becomes hell agitated. Usually they ignore discussing this topic because Anjali knows Khushi is his weak point. He is very possessive for her. It triggers him beyond endurance whenever anyone tries to tag Khushi with another man.

"Khushi is mine. All mine. Did you understand."

"I know it's not easy for you. But think wisely. She is not your teenage girlfriend who would come running in your arms. She is a happily married housewife who loves her family as much as you love yours. She is a mother, Chotte. How could you expect a mother to leave her daughter for her ex lover?" He closed his eyes, trying to surpass the pain that is causing him innumerous wounds to his heart. On top of that, it damages his soul to imagine her bearing someone else's child in her womb for nine month.

From the past half an hour, Anjali is trying to calm him. But he is not ready to accept it.

With a clenched fist, he exclaimed. "No one have guts to defeat Arnav singh raizada. Do hell with her husband or her child. Khushi is my love and very soon she will come back into my arms. If not willingly then unwilling. I will claim her as mine."