Memories

Chapter 7: Memories

Arnav was looking at his lady love sleeping peacefully with her head resting on his shoulder. Lifting her into his arms, he brought her to his farmhouse where he met his old servant.

"Arnav Beta.."

How are you Kaka?

Itne saalon baad. (After a long year) His eyes then landed on Khushi on his arms. What happened to Memsaheb?

"She is fine. Little tired." Arnav said, caressing her cheeks. Her hands subconsciously clasp his collar. While he admires her innocence lost. Kaka noticed it and smiled broadly. He gives his blessings to them.

"Sada Khush raho. Tumhari Jodi ko kabhi kisiki nazar na lage. (Always stay happy. God will always protect your love)

Nazar toh lag gayi han.. (Someone's eyes are already on our love.)

Kaka looked at him. "What has happened? You are here after a long time. Anything serious?"

Nothing Kaka. You just have to make sure no-one must know we are here, not even Di. There are few people in the world who don't want us to become one. Close the door from outside and do remember what I said."

Don't worry beta. Take her inside. Until you are here, your safety is my responsibility.

"Thank you Kaka." He gave the keys to Arnav and went outside.

Climbing stairs, he reached the bedroom and placed Khushi on the bed. After making a few arrangements, he came inside and locked the bedroom door. Losing his tie, he removed his coat and saw her still sleeping. He looks around and recalls those moments they spent together.

This is a place where no-one is allowed to enter except his beautiful Khushi. Apart from Khushi, no-one is aware about this place. She is safe here and no-one will disturb them.

Tucking her hair tendril, he took her on his lap and kept staring at her lovingly "I am sorry Baby. I know once you wake you, you might hate me, scream at me or do some stunts to get rid of me. But this time you are in my love cage. No matter what I will find out what more you are hiding.

His heart sank as he saw some strains of red color on her partition. A sharp type of punch fell to him. He held her hand and kissed her fingers and looked at her. " Why Khushi. Why did you take this step? What forces you to marry that man? Why did you leave me? Why didn't you tell me you were carrying my baby? And jiya. I still can't believe I am a father. Is she our daughter? There are several questions popping up into his mind.

"If i haven't come back to kapoor mansion, maybe my entire life I would have thought you betrayed me?" He sighed and shifted her back to the pillow. Khushi is still sleeping in her deep slumber.

"Do you remember, whenever I got upset you came to this farmhouse to pacify me with your madness. And one time you get scared by my closeness." He smiles widely remembering that incident that is still imprinted into his mind.

~Flashback~

"Arnav. Open the door. Sorry Sorry Lakhon sorry. Maan bhi jao na" (Please forgive me) She bangs the door continuously for a few minutes but no response is coming from his end.

"I know you are inside. Open the door fast otherwise consequences must be hazardous." Getting annoyed with her non-stop blackmailing, he broke his silence.

"Just go away. l don't want to talk to you." She smiles widely. Then began wondering how to cool his anger. Whenever they had any argument or he got upset over something, he looked himself up. This is his way to save her from his bad temper as he doesn't want to hurt his fragile angel out of haze.