2.Punisher

Summary:

The second meeting with the BAU - and possibly a third.

Notes:

TW: mention of assault

- yes a double chapter bcs i literally dont have to write this but just take it from my other account lmao! hope y'all enjoy!!

also i do not own any of these characters obviously and the main character is supposedly a mix of all kinds of movies/books ive read lol
the only thing i bring that's personal to me is the fact that she's bi (bcs i wanted that to be sth normal and not a big reveal)
enjoy this one!

--------------------------

"She's Maria's child" you let out at their surprised faces. Though any other person wouldn't have read through the serious faces they have plastered on.

"My maid" you clarify and Agent Hotchner nods.

"I met my husband two months after my father was imprisoned" you start, once they both settle on the sofa, postures the same – elbows over knees. "I moved around a lot before I arrived in Washington, and then I had this idea over an app that protects women walking alone at night – of course I know nothing about computers or apps." You wave a hand around - "but my husband's family foundation is number one in the digital world – so they invested in me and here I am"

That's the briefest description you've had to do.

"Why did you decide to stay in this house?" Gideon asks, "You hear someone get murdered and the place is robbed – why stay? You must know the house is probable to be hit a second time since they've learned the layout of the building."

He's not wrong – it's what your husband had said as well. His family too – begging you both to not plant roots in a place that was already haunted. But haunted was all you knew. At least this place had become so before you'd stepped inside. You'd ceased becoming a bad omen at last.

"We have extra security, cameras all over every corner of this place" you point at the fireplace on their side. Gideon stands up, nearing the portrait. He leans down, fingers pressed over a small corner of the golden frame – noticing the small camera pointing towards him, almost invisible.

"And we're not home often, unfortunately. He's busy with his own work and I, with mine. If we get robbed, we have insurance"

"You're not worried about the personnel's lives?" Gideon asks, straightening his posture.

"They're trained to shoot" you rebut, "should they choose to"

Agent Hotchner's eyebrows go up in surprise.

"I'm joking" you say, chuckling at his reaction, "if we're not here, they're not here."

"Does your husband know about the cameras?" Gideon asks, a small smile on his lips as he watches you. It's funny how he always catches things you'd expertly managed to hide from others.

"Not about all of them" you admit.

"You don't trust men" he states, shoving his hands in his pockets, "I don't blame you, but that's not a way to live your life"

"What can I say?" you ask, "I'd rather know ahead this time if there's a serial killer in my family"

Gideon lets out a huff at that – skeptical but understanding.

"How do you do it then?" you ask, watching as he settles back down next to Agent Hotchner, "You see all kinds of horrors – how do you go back to the people closest to you and not wonder? How do you go back to your wife and child and live with what you've seen?"