12. Once more to see you

Summary:

After the night before - a new discovery takes place.
This time on the investigation the BAU are conducting.

Notes:

A short lil filler chapter bcs we are Back to Denial

(also im in a hurry so close an eye pls for any grammatical errors u may catch or any other weird stuff pls and thnx)

------------------------

In the rear-view mirror, with the light of the setting sun reflecting over his black sunglasses and casting a glow upon his face and neck – you feel the taste of him bubble up inside you again.

His soft dark hair under your hands. The roughness of his hands, the callouses of his fingers as he gripped your thighs and pulled you to him.

The whiskey on his mouth coating your tongue.

The smell of his cologne under his jawline as you kissed him, even the fresh evening air after you'd left that hotel last night.

Everything has caused a storm to form inside you that has not stopped building up since he'd dropped you off at your house that night.

Because Hotch had left – no word or acknowledgement of what happened in the hotel room, only to head back to the police department where the others were. It's where they'd been for the entirety of the night, and the rest of today. And you hadn't mentioned it either, merely because you were still processing the first Clover meeting.

You hadn't slept either – like the rest of them.

But you can note from their seriousness that they have discovered something new on their current investigation.

Hence, Hotch and Agent Rossi coming to pick you up in order to drive you back to the police department. They're both dead quiet in the front, and you switch from looking out the window to watching Hotch in the rear-view mirror. You don't know if he catches you, or if he does the same, the sunglasses over his eyes makes it hard to notice, but you don't care much.

---

Last night:

Hotch looks from the woman in front of him to you – and it would be remiss of him to not notice the split-second panic crossing your features before they are expertly hidden behind an invisible veil as the woman comes closer.

She urges you both to sit, and you do. She is weary of Hotch – eyes lingering on him more than on you. Yet Roger speaks, and leans in to whisper something to Lucille. She nods slowly and he wonders if the man tells him about the time in the parking lot. Either way – it seems to be good enough for her to not bring up in front of the others. There's about 20 people in the room, you two excluded. The woman gets right to it:

"First of all, you are all here because of your contributions to the field of computing technology-" she looks towards a few girls and young men. "-and because we are doing something that will revolutionize the way we use data – and we would appreciate your investment."

She turns to the man you'd greeted, Roger, and the remaining others – stopping then to you.

"Clover is a company first funded by my husband – god rest his soul – and I – when we were starting our business. It is an internet infrastructure company that assists websites with content delivery and cybersecurity. Clover's services for blocking automated DDoS attacks will be particularly crucial to the viability of any website."