16. Stuck on the puzzle

Summary:

Hotch finds out new things about the Bachelor Snatcher and his mind is riddled with one question.

Notes:

Hi all!!💕💕
(did i write a long-ass chapter instead of doing my work? yes i did 😏)

this has passive dialogue so im sry! but its meant to explain the time gap and ! yes hotch is big H word in this (h*rny)
also pls know theres gonna be a lot of grammar mistakes but don't hate me lmao

(and yes title from Alex Turner's song lmao big soapy mood here)

---------------------

"Can I kiss you?"

"Yes"

Hotch remembers vaguely – like a long-lost memory just out of his reach – that he has to confront you about something. Something serious. It had been something that had made him lose sleep the last few nights. So much so that once they'd caught the angel of death in New York, his mind had resumed its fixation – making him drive in the middle of the night to the condo they all knew you had in the city.

There had been something to ask.

Yet, you guide him further into your apartment with urgent hands, shedding off his suit jacket as you crush your lips against his after answering his question.

And his mind blanks.

Factually, his mind had erased every other thought as soon as you'd opened the door and wordlessly led him inside. The blinding white lighting of the hall in relation to the darkness of your apartment was a good comparison to the turmoil happening inside him. He'd been logical and stoic a few minutes ago while ringing the bell.

Once he crossed the threshold, everything slipped off him.

Every doubt he'd had – melted away. The only important thought racing through his mind was if you'd let him kiss you again.

There's only the lighting of the moon outside, coming through the large windows as your hands expertly unknot his tie, tossing it somewhere in the room, then pull at his button-down, taking it out of the waistband of his pants – and a grunt escapes Hotch's throat, your mouth never leaving his.

He bends down, his hands hooking to the back of your thighs as he hoists you up to wrap your legs around his waist, the friction of your two bodies making you moan into his mouth.

No – that long-lost memory crumbles into dust completely.

---

The photo Hotch retrieves from your kitchen drawer ends up in Garcia's hands as he gives her the explicit order to identify and track down every singly man in it. His bad mood takes on another form when he's back in Virginia, even though he lies to the others – hiding the real source of that photo from them.

He even places a request with the women's prison to have another interview with Maria Gratta – something he doesn't let the others know yet, only because he doesn't deem it necessary without an actual approval.

The first thing though that takes all his time and energy once back is his son, Jack. He spends an entire weekend with him, taking him to the playground and spending enough time that he forgets every worry he's ever had.

The first week they spend it doing office work, reports and documentations needed for a few cases they've closed. It's a peace they welcome after the fast pace in Washington. Hotch's days stretch long in the office, signing and checking documents at long hours.