chapter six

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

THE YOUNG GODS
CHAPTER SIX

THE YOUNG GODSCHAPTER SIX

" I'LL BE WAITING "

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

     ROSIE FLUTTERED HER EYES open to the smell of smoke and the sound of distant chattering. The smell of eggs started replacing the smoke and Rosie stood up once she realized Ander wasn't in the next bed. Quickly grabbing the set of clothes she laid out yesterday, Rosie changed into the similar colors she wore yesterday. It was the same faded blue pants and a gray t-shirt she wore in the box.

       Walking out her room, she headed outside to see Gally adding more wood to the bonfire creating more flames. "Morning." The boy greeted being the first one to acknowledge her presence.

"Hello." She replied quietly getting close to the fire to warm her hands from the cold morning.

"You ready for your next class?" Gally asked walking over to stand with her.

The girl turned her head shaking it, "no! I took a beating yesterday! I almost died!"

A chuckle erupted from his lips, "It wasn't even that bad. We're going to focus on dodging. So be ready." Gally stated a devious smile on his lips as he walked away.

Rosie shook her head knowing that she would have to do it sooner or later and he was looking out for her. The girl walked back inside Homestead heading to the kitchen to see if anyone had started preparing breakfast. From the kitchen view, Rosie pursed her lips when she saw Ander sitting across from Justin, the boy she disliked. It took a lot for her to decide she disliked the boy even when she's never held a conversation with him but with what Frypan told her, her mind had been made up. Guess Ander's wasn't.

A smile was formed on his lips as he took a spoonful of oatmeal. Frypan came inside wondering what the girl was starting at, "you like Ander?" The boy asked being able to imagine the two becoming a couple.

      The girl's eyes went wide turning back to look at him when she heard him ask, "what?" She asked a giggle leaving her mouth as she shook her head, "definitely not."

      Frypan shrugged his shoulders, "just asking, you were staring at him for a quite a while."

      "Just watching over him." Rosie replied turning back to look through the window, "I don't like Justin and I don't like him around Ander."

      Frypan realized it made sense what she was talking about. He mentioned Justin yesterday and the way the pair acted like siblings, it was like an older sister watching over her little brother. "That makes more sense. You know we're just having oatmeal for the morning, right? It doesn't take all of us to make it, you can go and hang around them shanks. I'll take care of making the rest, here take some."