chapter thirty-three

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

THE YOUNG GODS
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

THE YOUNG GODSCHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

" IT'S OKAY, LITTLE ONE. "
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"RIGHT THIS WAY!" Thomas yelled as the Gladers followed him inside the maze blindly fully trusting in him that he'd leave them out of this place. Rosie kept up with their pace trying to ignore the feelings she was emitting at the moment.

The girl wiped her tears away looking back slowing down her pace so she could be at the same pace as Newt. The couple glanced at each other grabbing their hands together and squeezing them. "Keep it up guys, we're almost there!" Thomas spoke words of encouragement as a few gladers were already tired from the extensive running they weren't used to.

The Gladers passed through corners, open walls, closed walls. The approximately 10 to 15 minutes that passed by felt rather fast to Rosie as they all stop once they see Thomas bring his finger to his lips and stop around a corner. Rosie could feel what was going to happen already. She knew that at this moment there was a 50/50 chance that she comes out alive today.

Thomas looked over through the passage and turning back swallowing hard in fear. "Is there a Griever?" Chuck asked looking at the boy.

The greenie nodded, "yeah."

"Oh shit." The boy muttered anxiously.

Newt tapped Rosie's arm grabbing her attention as he whispered, "you alright?"

"I'm fine." Rosie responded as it might have been the fifth time he asked her that question today. Her eyes wondered to Teresa who was tying her hair up. Rosie looked down at her own arm realizing she didn't have anything to tie her hair with.

"Here." Teresa handed Rosie a hair tie she had.

Rosie smiled grabbing it, "thank you."

Teresa didn't reply back in words but gave her a soft smile before returning to what Thomas was talking about. Rosie tied her hair up making sure no pieces of hair would get in her face.

"You take this Chuck, and you stay behind us." Minho ordered handing him the metal cylinder that once belonged to a part of a Griever.

Chuck widened his eyes in fear scared that something bad was going to happen to him especially when he had the most valuable thing in his hands. "It's okay, just stick with me." Teresa spoke trying to reassure the young boy.

He nodded glancing over at Rosie knowing about her capabilities in fighting. Rosie spotted him looking at her, "stick with Teresa, okay? I'll watch for both of your backs. I promise."