chapter thirty-one

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

THE YOUNG GODS
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

" I JUST GOT YOU, ROSIE! "▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

      GALLY PACED back and forth inside the council hall as the keepers, Newt, and Rosie joined the urgent meeting. "What do we do?" Winston asked as Newt was shut down. Clueless on what to do now especially when Rosie didn't want to be near him.

      Rosie clicked her tongue realizing no one was going to say anything, "I think we should take a note on who is left and what we have left. At least one medjack to keep Thomas on watch, put him in a cell in case something goes wrong."

       Minho shook his head intervening, "I don't think that's a great idea, Rosie. Why don't we wait for him to wake up?"

      The girl raised her hands in stress, "that's your idea? The walls aren't closing and we have to figure out a way to keep those Grievers out."

Gally stopped pacing around, "She's got a good idea, Minho. We should build something to cover the entrances."

"There's not enough time to build something in less than a day." The Asian boy explained, "we should just wait for Thomas to wake up."

Throwing his hands up in stress, Frypan spoke out, "those things could be back here any second now. We need to talk with everyone. Figure out how we are going to survive against them if they come back."

Newt stepped out of the council hall without saying a word. The keepers turned to look at Rosie for answers as she shrugged her shoulders also confused. "Don't look at me, I don't know."

"Get a grip, people!" Gally raised his voice, "we just lost a lot of people tonight. More than half of our stuff is destroyed. Newt's lost control."

      Rosie picked at a cooked chicken leg eating little by little before handing it back to Winston who finished the rest. They all watched and listened to Gally explain himself and why Thomas was in the wrong.

It all made sense.

      "Do you guys understand?" Gally asks turning to get his closest friends approval. Rosie glanced at Vince before looking back down and fumbling with the old bracelet Gally had made her months ago. They wore matching ones. It was brown with white string and it had their individual names.

      Vince scratched the back of his head not being in total agreement with his best friend, "I get where you're coming from." Gally glanced down to the girl whose focus was on her wrist, "we all do." Vince added noticing the quick glance Gally had given Rosie before looking back at him. "But you have to understand that Thomas is also right."