CHAPTER 5

I ROLLED ON MY BED, my eyes still closed as I hid under my blanket

I ROLLED ON MY BED, my eyes still closed as I hid under my blanket. I could sense someone's presence near me, but instead of checking whoever it was, I buried my face even more on my pillow.

I'm already awake, but my body feels heavy. I was in the middle of focusing back to sleep when I remembered the incidents from last night.

"What the–" I jolted up, my eyes springing widely in confusion. I felt a pang on my head as I sat up on my bed. I was even more confused when I realized that I was currently in my room. "But I clearly remembered losing consciousness outside because of that pact?" I mumbled to myself.

"I brought you back here, master."

If it were possible, my eyes would have widened even more when I turned my head and saw the spir–no, the mystical beast I summoned last night.

"Pandora!" I exclaimed. Why is he smaller now? The sudden question in my head was answered when Pandora spoke again.

"I figured I should change my appearance to avoid overusing your mana."

I was immersed with Pandora looking like a mini version of himself. He resembles a cat. A cat with three tails and shawl-like fur around his neck. And a bit of a resemblance with that creature from last night.

Speaking of last night. "What about my back?" I said as I instinctively reached for my back and surprisingly, there was no after pain of some sort.

"I healed the pain away last night, master. And don't worry about the seal on your back, it won't be visible to anyone, and it will only glow when you use my power."

"I see." I frowned at his answer. I'm still trying to get used to him talking inside my head. It blows my mind to know how mystical beasts are aware of things.

The books wrote them like some sort of animal with powers. "Truly unjustified," I whispered.

"Someone's approaching your room, master," Pandora said then he disappeared into thin air.

Woah. That's some helpful notifier. I chuckled to myself as I got out of bed. I did a few stretches while waiting for Marina and Scarlet, the name of the girl I picked up yesterday. I was sure that I ordered them to wake me up early.

"Good morning, my lady. Marina has something to do that she asked me to help you prepare instead," Scarlet said, her head lowered while her hands clutched the bowl of water she was holding.

There wasn't any sign of trouble, but her clothes looked messy. Did Marina lend her an old uniform or something? But why is she trembling?

I remained quiet as I let her help me. I wore a pink dress, adorned with a couple of frills on the chest and a pink butterfly hair ornament for my hair. Once we were done, we headed downstairs. I was planning to eat in my room, but I'll go look for Marina first and take my breakfast in the garden.