CHAPTER 10

DAYS GONE BY AND I have been holding myself locked up in my room

DAYS GONE BY AND I have been holding myself locked up in my room. Ever since I've summoned Ebony, I realized how weak I was. So, I busied myself reading more books about the mystical beasts, and spirits. And something about stabilizing my mana.

I'd let my two maidservants roam around the manor, while Pandora, Aster, and Ebony accompanied me in my room. Spending time together with those three was more enjoyable than having to see those other idiots.

"My lady," Scarlet knocked and stayed outside of my room as she spoke. "His grace invites you for dinner."

I groaned. I only planned on coming out whenever the duke called for me. We'd have tea in his office while he works. It wasn't boring since I got to discuss some things I needed, like my coming-of-age ceremony.

Three months from now and I'll become an adult. Moreover, letters of marriage might come flying by in the estate. And I must delay that as much as I can.

"Pandora, take care of Aster," I said as I stood from my bed. Pandora lowered his head then he disappeared along with Aster. Ebony, on the other hand, remained in my shadow.

"Come in, Scarlet," I said, calling for them. My two maidservants entered my room in unison. I cocked an eyebrow at them. Did they wait for long? "I need a dress that will suit the celebration," I added.

I sighed heavily as I watched Marina and Scarlet from the mirror. They fixed my hair by gathering it on one side of my shoulder, then tying a flower hair accessory on the end of it.

If it wasn't for the duke who personally visited my room earlier to remind me of tonight's family celebration, I would have spent the remaining hours of my day in my room.

Kaiser arrived yesterday. The war between the empire's troops, and the monsters wreaking havoc at the eastern border ended with the empire's victory. The victory was led by the fourth prince as their general.

I heard that the general was ordered to go back first while his subordinates had to wait a few days before they were able to go home.

I wore the dark blue dress I bought from La'Rose boutique. The bust of the dress was adorned with embroidered flowers.

Then I wore the thin-chain necklace with the small sapphire butterfly pendant that I randomly grabbed from my jewelry box. And surprisingly, it matched my dress so well. I smiled as I looked at my reflection in the mirror.

I was sure that I arrived right on time, but to my disappointment, everyone was already gathered at the dining table. Their conversation stopped when I entered the dining room.

"I apologize for my tardiness," I bowed. I'm not always tardy, though, they were just early.

The duke sat in his usual seat wearing a dark blue formal attire. It was a matching dress code he wanted to do with me. I only agreed in exchange for some gold coins.