CHAPTER 24

"IT'S GREAT THAT I was able to harness your powers," Prince Louis said

I frowned as I listened to him. I could hear another person or creature in his office. Through the shadow of Ebony attached to him, I could feel the odd energy of the other person in that room. A dirty, corrupted energy lingering even onto the prince.

I looked at Pandora and Ebony, but they seemed to not know what type of creature was with him.

"I'm glad that I could be of use to your highness. Just a bit more of this and we'll be able to get the goal you wanted most," the other person commented in glee.

"The crown, yes. I'll just need to ensure that no one would know about the brainwashing we did with that selfish emperor and that little girl. And all will go well."

My eyes widened at his words.

"Master, it seems that your hunches are right. The emperor and Eilisha are not what we think they are," Ebony whispered beside me.

"But who's with this monstrous prince? Who's helping him to achieve all this?" Pandora asked this time.

"Whoever that person is, she reeks of black magic, and she knows fully well how to use them," Ebony said.

"You're right. And we need to expose them," I added as we continued eavesdropping.

"Start with the purging now, young emperor. You'll need to wipe out as much noble as you can to gain the upperhand. Use that Moonfleur traitor at your disposal."

"I know. That's what I'm doing now. You don't have to tell me what to do, you corrupted goddess. And he's not a traitor. Duke Moonfleur just knows which side to pick," Prince Louis said. He seemed angry.

Are they fighting? And how come they're not noticing Ebony's shadow if they were powerful enough to brainwash the emperor and Eilisha? Is this also part of their plan? Or are they mere idiots?

"You mortal. Once I get my hands on the Eveningstar's summoning room, I'd definitely go back to my fair goddess form."

A loud thud echoed from the sphere, as if something had fallen. We noticed the two of them becoming silent, and the next thing we heard were loud shrieking noises which hurt my ears.

"Ebony, disconnect," I commanded as I covered my ears. Ebony quickly cut off the string attached to it by mistake. "Not literally," I gasped.

"I apologize, master. I was in panic because of that noise." It's a waste, but that's fine, I guess.

"Don't worry about it. We can use the recording as evidence. You can just go directly to the palace if we need more information." I smiled down at him. I shifted from my position before pulling myself up to sit on the bed.

"Do you think the person he is with is a goddess, master?" Pandora asked as he looked at me.

"A goddess," I whispered. "I'm also unsure, Pandora. But what about the summoning room he mentioned relating to the Eveningstars? This whole fiasco's becoming more of a headache to me." I groaned softly as I ruffled my hair.