CHAPTER 28

IT WAS A RUSH of events, but fortunately, Prince Soreen was able to keep up with the information that Marina had relayed to him

IT WAS A RUSH of events, but fortunately, Prince Soreen was able to keep up with the information that Marina had relayed to him. They were on their way to the City of Mimosa.

Despite the danger that awaited them, the prince had decided to proceed. He had thought of a plan to counterattack them. Prince Soreen gathered his knights, including the heads of the noble knights.

"Are you sure this plan came from her?" Kaiser asked. He was the acting head knight of the Eveningstar Knights.

The head of the Morningsun Knights was not aware of the full situation, but because of the fourth prince, he has decided to commit his and his knights' strength in fulfilling the task given to them.

"We shall offer you our assistance, Your Highness," Sir Constantine claimed on behalf of the Morningsun Knights.

Kaiser trusted the fourth prince because of his great leadership, but he could not just believe that his sister and his brother were alive. However, to confirm that, they all needed to survive first.

"I, too, shall do the same," Kaiser swears.

The fourth prince saluted at them as he acknowledged their help. Then they proceeded to camp near the river of Tibet, halting their arrival to the City of Mimosa.

Aside from Sir Constantine, Kaiser, Marina, and Scarlet, the prince did not inform the others about the threat that they were about to face. He was not so sure who to trust other than the ones he already knew.

"Are you sure this will work?" Scarlet asked her fellow servant, Marina.

"Yes. The guild gathered enough intel during our stay in the capital," Marina assured her.

The two were cornered by Kaiser right after their meeting with the prince, and they could not help but confess the truth. Kaiser was beyond grateful that his sister was alive.

Well, aside from that, he was happy that his idiotic older brother was also alive. He could not wait to meet them after all these tragic things were done.

Despite Marina's calm demeanor, the two seemed to be sharing the same anxiety-inducing thoughts. It was not really because of the plan they were about to make; it was more because of their master.

The parade resumed and the knights moved according to their pace. Their leaders and the general were all in front of them.

The two servants did their best to focus. Marina was tasked to be the lookout moving stealthily ahead of them, while Scarlet teamed up with the prince.

As soon as they reached the curvaceous hill leading to the city, a white bird flew across them, a signal from Marina. Sir Constantine and Kaiser glanced at one another then they carefully sent a signal to their knights.

The prince did the same to his knights. Without telling them the truth, the fourth prince insisted on giving their knights some information. This was to prevent their astonishment and to prevent more deaths and other casualties.