II Will A GIFT FROM A FRIEND

1879
One month since Tessa turned into an angel. One month since my parabatai, my brother, my friend, turned into a Silent Brother. One month since Tessa and I got engaged. One month since Cecily has been dating that notorious lightworm Gabriel. One month since everything had happened. I was barely able to comprehend the full picture.
I was in the library looking for a good book to read. I went and hunted lots of demons. I even had a nasty run-in with a few Achaieral demons. That was a first. Their teeth was razored-edged and had wide jet black wings that could blot out the sun if their were enough of them. Eventually though I managed to kill them but not without getting a few cuts and bruises. After I quickly applied a few itrazes, I decided to go home.
Once home I took a nice long shower and went to read. So now I was in the library looking for a good book. I finally decided on some Shakespeare. I sat down in one of the library's chairs and started to read. After a while, Sophie informed me that dinner was to be ready in 10 minutes.
Ah, Sophie. She stills insists on carrying on some of her maid duties. I remember the day she ascended. She ascended so she could marry Gideon Lightwood. After she made it, their wedding was shortly after. It was such a good time even if Cecily was with Gabriel the whole time. Tessa remarked that I couldn't say anything because I was with her the entire time. Be that as it may, she is still my younger sister. I say she could do better, honestly, but Tessa says to leave them alone and let, how you say, their love flourish. Although, I am happy for Cecily even if I don't show it. I think I have actually grown fond of Gabriel though I would never admit it. Wow! I can't believe I just said that.
After I put the book I was reading down, I went to the dining hall.
Once I had arrived, the food was already set out in the plates. I took my seat beside Tessa and waited. There were only a few people there. Tessa was there and sat quietly tapping on her leg. Charlotte and Sophie was there. The guys and Cecily were still gone. I paused a moment wondering if I should go get them. My thought was interrupted when Cecily came in with Gabriel and Gideon was with Henry. Henry and Gideon was talking about something Henry had built, and Gabriel and Cecily were talking amongst themselves. They weren't holding hands which was good because I would've scolded Cecily than the Lightworm, sorry Lightwood.
Eventually everyone was sitting down and eating. After everyone was done eating, I left and went to my room. I made a stop to get my book from the library when I walked in on something or should I say someone.
As soon as I walked into the room, I saw Cecily and Gabriel kissing. They broke apart after I had entered and I wanted to smack Gabriel and scold Cecily. I decided to go with the latter.
"Cecily, what in the world do you think your doing?" I ask dripping my voice with frustration.
"I could ask you the same thing brother." She says clearly agitated. Gabriel looked like he was frustrated as well. I couldn't help but smirk. I had ruined their little moment.
"I had simply came in here to get my book I was reading earlier. What I didn't expect was that I would be walking in on my sister and the lightworm kissing. Seriously you two. You could as least get a room. There are millions of them around." I say distastefully.
"Will I don't know if you noticed but we are in a room." Gabriel states sarcastically.
"This is not a room, it is a library." I say as I spread my hands around the room indicating the millions of books in it. By this point I had walked to the chair where I left my book and picked it up.
"Will, you have your book now so leave." Cecily states through clenched teeth.
"So you can continue kissing that," I say as I point to Gabriel. He opens his mouth to say something but Cecily beats him to it.
"One that has a name. His name is Gabriel. Two we are dating so you might as well get used to it. And three-"
"Alright, alright, I say as I cut her off. I really just wanted to go back to my room. I was tired and sore. I could scold her some more in the morning when I was alive and ready. So as I was about to continue, the library's door opened once more.
There she was, my beautiful angel. She greeted me with a warm smile that could light up even the darkest of places.Then she looked around and seemed to register what was going on. Her smile diminished and there was a look of inquire towards me and a apologetic look towards Cecily.
"Family drama, I see. Do I need to take Will away, Cecily." She said walking toward me.
"Yes, Tessa if you don't mind." She replies sweetly. Amazing how she goes from frustrated and angry to sweet and innocence in a matter of seconds. I saw Cecily shoot Tessa a grateful look and me a death glare. Gabriel just smirked and shot me a haha look.
At this point, Tessa was standing next to me. Everything seemed to slow down. It was like time, itself, had stopped so I could enjoy these moments. I noticed a few things about her that I hadn't noticed when she walked in. She was wearing a pale blue dress that was of the century. Her eyes were a beautiful intelligent gray. As she went to place her hand on my arm, I saw her eyes sparkle. She was beautiful, I thought. Her voice brought me out of my trance.
"I think it is time to leave, Will. Besides you now have your book that you were going to continue reading. Do you not?"
"Yes, but-" I remarked before I was cut off by Tessa.
"No buts, it time to leave." She states as she tugs on my arm indicating that we should leave. I sigh in defeat as she pulls me along past Cecily and Gabriel and to the doors of the library.
No sense in arguing with her, I thought to myself. She like me. Stunningly attractive, intelligent, and maybe just a bit stubborn. Though I would never admit that. I like to think of myself as a bit complicated. Not stubborn.
After we were through the doors, she stated,"Really, Will. You couldn't even let them have one moment together?" It was more of a question then a statement.
"Well, I believe that they had already had their moment because they were kissing when I walked in."
"You can blame them. We were once in the same position, were we not?" She remarks. She looked really pretty when she was mad. It did not help my concentration. I managed to sputter out," Yes, we were. But that was different. This is my sister we are talking about here."
"I know, and we must let her decide her own path. If she wants to be with Gabriel then let her. Besides you have a book to finish, now don't you."
"Yes, speaking of which, isn't that what you went to the library for. A book to read." I ask. I see her nod her head, yes, then I ask,"Well, I have a book and you don't. We both wanted something to read and here is something." I say as I point to the book.
She seems uncomfortable. Then I realize why. I saw the position I had just put her in. She then covers it up with a smile. That smile I had come to love over the months. I felt as if there was no wrong in the world. That one look into her eyes or one smile from her face could light up the entire world. As if she could light up the blackest oceans or the darkest caves. I felt as if the world had come to a stop. No one moving, just looking into the face of my love.
"I would love to read with you,Will." She replies with a smile. Her eyes sparkle. With that, I take her hand and head to my room, her following close beside. She is my heart, I think to myself.
After we reach my room, I let her hand go so she can get changed into her night cloths. I do the same and soon we are laying side-by-side on the bed with me reading the book to her.
After a few minutes she states," I love it when you read." I could barely hear her as she said it. I continued to read as she soon fell asleep in my arm. I stopped where I was at and laid the book down on my bedside table. I pulled the covers up and over onto her and on me carefully not waking her. Then when I laid down I instantly fell asleep to her breathing and to the ticking of the clock.
******************
The next morning I wake up to someone knocking on my door. I blink the sleepiness out of my eyes and move my fingers. I carefully disentangle myself from Tessa and make my way to the door. I open the door to find Sophie and Gideon at my door. I move myself to cover the open doorway to block Tessa from their view. "Breakfast will be done in 20 minutes. I suggest you and Tessa start getting ready." Sophie states with a smile on her face. I look over to Gideon who looks happy. I smile, say ok, then I close the door,but not before I see them talking amongst themselves as they head to Gabriel's room. After I close the door I walk soundlessly over to Tessa. I gently wake her up and tell her that she needs to get ready. Luckily for her, and me she doesn't have to go far.
After a few times of her falling asleep in my room, she decided instead of running to her room to get changed she could just change in my room. She always has a few dresses in my closet so she can get ready without having to constantly run to her room. I have a few cloths in her room as well. For the same reason.
As I grab some cloths from my dresser, Tessa picks out a lovely red dress. She heads to the bathroom to change and I change in my room. After I am done I wait for Tessa. Once she is out, I take her hand and we walk to breakfast.
Once there, we sit and eat. Everyone else is already there. After we eat, I decide to stay at the institute today. Charlotte tells us we will have a meeting at 3:00 in the library. For what she won't say. Tessa and I spilt ways. I head to my room to read. Once I am there, I close the door and see a picture on my bed. I pick it up and realize what it is. It was a picture of Jem and I when we were younger. The picture was of Jem teaching me how to throw a knife. There he was with the start of silvery features. Two boys who would begin their new lives together. Who would soon become parabatai. Only one person had a picture of us when we were young. I don't know how it got there. All I know is that this picture was a gift from my brother, my friend, the other half of me, my parabatai, James Carstairs a.k.a Jem.