VII Will An Unexpected Party

After making sure Tessa was truly safe we went back to her room. It was very simple. Or at least, I thought it was. No sooner had we entered the room then did the dinner bell sound. I looked over to my love as she said,"Let's eat. We never did get to eat the food we ordered earlier. Besides I am a little famished. Aren't you sweetie?" She stated looking at me.
"Hmm........... now that you have mentioned it I am." I stated as we walked out of the door. I quickly close the door behind her then we head to the dinner hall where we meet up with people from the present and the future.
When we arrive most everyone else has arrived. Including the little future hoppers. Minus Jace and Clary. They were still nowhere to be seen.
I pull the seat out for my love and then do the same for me. Gabriel snickers at the fact my great great great whatever grandson still isn't here. I shoot him a glare and continue as if I never saw it. Remember a little while back when I said I might actually tolerate him? Well, I'm done doing that. Worse few days of my life.
Just as Hazel brings out our food, Jace and Clary decide to show up. Jace is grinning like a mad man and Clary is blushing just as bad. It didn't take long for everyone to realize what they did. I gave Jace a little smirk and a little smile to Clary who blushed furiously.
As they walked up to the table Jace pulled out her chair for her saying the ever casual, "my lady" line. She blushes even more and sits down with a smile on her face. Then Jace pulls out his own and decides to take a seat.
Hazel sits the food on the table making four trips to get it all.
So once everyone has food and its an awkward silence, I look over to Magnus and ask, "so is there any particular reason as to why you guys decided on visiting the past? I mean obviously besides the fact that you all wanted to the see the devilishly handsome Herondale from the past." I see Clary and Isabelle simultaneously roll there eyes and say, "yep he is a Herondale alright." Then Clary continues, "as if one wasn't enough. I'm pretty sure there isn't enough room in this world to fit both their egos." I see Tessa snicker at that last comment Clary made. As did the rest of the group except for me and my great great great however many greats grandson.
So Charlotte goes back to my earlier question that was pointed at Magnus. But before he could answer Jace responds with,"well if you mean besides the fact that all Herondales are the hottest through at the centuries i suppose the reason is because we wanted to stroll through 1879 London and see what it was like compared to modern day London." He looks over to me on the Herondale part then over to my sister.
Sophie innocently asks what happened to Jem. Then corrected herself to Brother Zacheriah. Isabelle's eyes instantly lit up, "you mean the hot silent brother?" Was the first words out of her mouth. Now it was their turn for the guys to roll their eyes with Jace saying," he's not that hot."
"Well think what you will but Brother Zachariah as we knew him is now turned back human and living with the lovely Tessa over there and taking care of her like he promised his Parabatai he would out of the good love of his heart." Izzy glanced over to Will and Tessa as she talked.
"He is still a Silent Brother in this time, right?" She asked the question pointed to his parabatai.
"Yes he is though he still comes and visits every now and then. I mean honestly how could they expect to keep him from his own family? I don't care what their rules are he is always welcome to visit us whether they like it or not." I reply answering her question with my own remark. Charlotte chimes in that Jem is of course always welcome.
So as that is said it lays in silence once more. I return to eating my food and I begin thinking as to how we are all related once more. Jace is obviously proof that me and Tessa are together and the Herondale line continues. Tho Cecily throws away the Herondale name for Lightwood. Since she is to marry Gabriel who I will have to put up with forever afterwards. Isabelle and Alec have Gideon and Sophie's name as their middle names but are Gabriel's own line of kids. Simon isn't related to any of them but was Clary's best friend for many years. Simon was a mudane tho Clary wasn't. Simon got turned into a vampire as Clary became a shadowhunter. Now Simon is a shadowhunter and dating Isabelle the Lightwood. Alec and Magnus are together now with i thought would never happen in shadowhunter history. The Clave looks down on those who are like that. Especially with a downworlder like Magnus tho i guess there is a first time for everything. Clary is descended from Charlotte taking her maiden name Fairchild. But she looks so much like Henry that it's a bit scary tho she is also descended from the Morgensterns since Valentine Morgenstern is her father. Wow all this thinking is making my brain hurt.
As everyone finishes up eating and Hazel comes to take our finished plates and the leftover food away we part separate ways once more. I head to the book room looking for a nice book to read in the training room while i train. On my way there i hear someone in the music room playing. I hear someone on the piano. I turn to peek in and sure enough its Jace. He plays softly. Melodically even. He was clearly stuck in whatever he was playing and he played it beautifully. Just like Jem used to. I smiled at that thought. I decide to listen in on him playing and waited till he finished. Afterwards i walk in saying," You know you play like Jem did with his violin. Soft, beautifully, and melodically. You play with everything you have just as he did. Your music reminds me of him you know. How did you learn to play?" I ask genuinely curious.
I see him look up at me and motion for me to come closer as he begins to answer me. He says, "Clary's dad. For my first 10 years of my life i was raised by him. Convinced that i was his son when i wasn't. He taught me many things. How to fight. How to play music. How to be charming and charismatic while getting what i intend to get. Then again i guess that runs in the Herondale line as more of our traits then anything, ay?" He says looking at me and chuckling.
"Anyway he was the one who taught me how to play. He also taught me that to love is to destroy and to be loved is to be destroyed." He looks towards to door as if looking for someone then continues, "Clary broke that though. She taught me that love made you stronger. She broke down my walls and broke through my defenses with her heart shining. Showing love for me and those closest to her. And as defiant she was, she wasn't about to let anything happen to me. She always threw herself into harm's way so her friends and family wouldn't have to suffer. She was kind-hearted like that." I see him sigh. I began to think about what he said. To love is to destroy and to be loved is to be destroyed. It was like my curse. We thought we could never be loved and if we were it would destroy us and whoever it was that did love us so we made it our job to never be loved only with our Parabatais as exceptions. That is till the love of our lives came along.
I decide to tell him my story. About my curse to be more precise. So i said, "You were taught to keep everyone away. Much like my curse which i was lead to believe i had." Then i launched into my story leaving some parts out like i noticed he did when he told his.
Afterwards we sat there in the music room in silence. Jace remarked, "I wonder if all the Herondales will have love problems in the future. We just seem not to be able to catch a break, can we?" At that i just laughed as did he.
I decided to get up and leave so i started up and walked to the door. I saw something out of the corner of my eyes. I looked past all the music equipment to the window and i could've sworn i saw a shadow past over it. It looked human. I decided to go check it out. I turn back around as Jace began to play again. I left the room to go to my room to grab a few seraph blades i had hidden in there. I glanced towards the window once more to see if i could see anything. Nothing. I grabbed my stele and trace a few runes on me. Stealth, strength, agility, surefootedness, eyesight, and sure strike.
There, I thought to myself, as i trace the last rune on the back of my dominant arm. I turn back around and look at the picture of me and Jem when we were younger. I studied it for a second taking in every detail of the picture. I made a mental note to myself to frame it whenever i get back. I'll ask Charlotte. She may have a frame.
I head out my room and sneak through the institute making sure not to make a sound. Didn't need anyone else to accompany me on this trip. Alas, as soon as i closed the door to the institute i see Magnus sitting on the porch. I manage to sneak around and i dart to the left back behind the institute where i see a figure move.
I follow close behind it hiding in the shadows as not to be seen. The closer i got the more i could see of the figure. It was definitely a man. Or possibly a demon disguised as a man. Though demons couldn't sneak into an institute last i checked. Then again there is a first time for everything. There had been alot of firsts a few months back after all. It stopped at a window. One that i recognized as my room to be precise. It seemed as if the figure was looking for me. I quietly climbed into the tree that was over my window ready to drop if needed. I see the figure push on my window and watched it draw an open rune? Wait that doesn't make any sense, I think to myself. I could've sworn this was a demon yet it could wield a stele? What shadowhunter would try and get through the institute windows instead of just going to the door? I made a spilt-second decision to follow and after the shadowhunter made it through and drew the blinds down i followed in the window next to mine. No one was in so i quietly slipped through the window and drew a see through rune. I could see out though no one could see in. Came in handy. It was a rune Clary taught us. Anyway as i finished drawing it i slowly started to see the figure I'd been following. It has it back turns toward me but it is sure enough the body of a shadowhunter. A very lean shadowhunter at that. He judging by his build and the way he walked moved quietly among my room. He then stopped at the picture on my bed. And that's when i knew exactly who he was. He had more color to his hair and more of a smooth glide whenever he walked. But sure enough it was him. It had to be him. By the way he picked up the picture i could tell he was smiling and just said you were always stubborn Will. I knew it. I scratched out the rune and slipped through the door and was about to open my room's door when i heard the window slam shut. I quickly ran through my door and to the window and opened it. He was nowhere to be seen. Just then i heard the doorbell ring all throughout the institute. I literally ran for joy. I bounded down the steps 2 at a time and ran straight for the door as it was opening. I couldn't believe it. He was really here. He was alive and no longer a Silence Brother. He was here, I thought to myself. As the door opened I stood there waiting to hear what he would say then all of a sudden just like that, it was Magnus who walked through. I tried to hide my disappointment but failed.
"Waiting for someone, kid?" He asked me. I regain my composure and say, "Not at all i thought about going for a walk and i was just putting on a few runes in case i run into any trouble." I lie smoothly. I really was drawing a rune at the moment tho it was for hearing. To see if I could hear anything outside. Any movement. Any sound. Nothing.
"Well be safe Will and don't go biting any vampires. I'm pretty sure if you drink any more Holy Water you'll combust and it won't be pretty............... Though it may be pretty funny." He said in a sarcastic but firm tone.
"I hadn't planned on biting any vampires unless they try to choke hold me. You know the usual." I reply in my own sarcastic joking manner.
"One never plans to bite a vampire. One just simply doesn't do it. Or in your case does many times i might add." He adds chuckling a bit.
"Yeah well you'd think they learn by now," before I continue he interrupts, "Learn what by now? You should be the one learning not to bite any anymore from all that Holy Water you have to drink to regurgitate all the blood back up out of your body."
I continue on as if i heard nothing which is said to be a specialty of mine. "You'd think they learn by now not to mess with me." I say confidently. He just laughs and walks off saying, "Herondales and their big egos."
"I couldn't agree more with him you know. You lot tend to have a lot bigger egos then the rest of us. I'm beginning to think its a trait of yours that all Herondales share. It seems appropriate enough." Said my best friend. My brother. Jem. Keeping up with all my antics like usual. I turn around to see him and i say, "Well i love you too brother. Welcome home Parabatai." As Jem kindly steps through the institute doors.