VI TESSA GIRL'S DAY OUT

A/N: So sorry for the long wait. You might be wondering why there is a pic. of a shirt but that was literally my inspiration for this chapter. Which just so happens to be the shirt Clary wears later on but enough about the story. I could give you a million excuses as to why I couldn't update but truth be told I was busy. May is the most hectic month for me so that was one reason why I couldn't update. Another reason is that I am becoming a sophomore now. Yay! so with our Awards Day being the last day of school it has been a pain. Tests are the last week and are literally the days before we are out of school for good. I may not be able to update any more this month only because of school and the like. After May is over though I should be able to update more so yay for me. Now enough about my life and on with the chapter. Oh and my friend asked to be in it so she is. It's not exactly from that time but just go with it. Since I felt bad about not updating in a while I decided to have a really long chapter for my really long absence. So here it is. Enjoy!

Today had been an odd day. Yes, odd, that was the word that described my day. It started out normal enough, or well, as normal as one can when facing demons and learning to fight everyday.
I fell asleep to Will reading and woke up to Will's voice. Mostly normal. Though I still got butterflies when I was around him, sometimes. I walked with Will to breakfast, same as always. Then after breakfast I studied, Latin, and Greek. After I was done with my studies, I talk to Sophie and Cecily about our girl's day. After that was figured out I went and read until the meeting. We hadn't even been in the meeting for 5 minutes yet before strangers came through the door. That's when the boy with gold hair and eyes started to talk. I instantly recognized the tone of voice he used. I swear the boy could've been Will's look-alike. If you changed the color of his hair and eyes. This boy seemed familiar.
It's when he introduced himself that I knew. This wasn't Will's look-alike. This was Will's great-great-great-however many greats-grandson. Meaning he was mine as well.
Once they got to their stories I thought this children were just like us. As I listened to their stories I realized they had basically the same problems we did but I could tell they were leaving out some things. I didn't blame them. Their stories were really sad. Especially Jace's story. I felt for him as I felt for Will and his curse long ago. It seemed that Jace's story about love could be related to Will in which both boys were taught not to love anyone. I wondered if all the Herondales were going to be as problematic as these two.
Now fast-forward to dinner and here we are. Sophie, Cecily, and I had planned on having a girl's day out. We were still bringing our weapons, of course, but it was just for emergencies.
We had asked Charlotte if she would like to come but she had replied with, "I have to stay and run some errors around the institute. But you girls have fun."
We had protested that we wouldn't go without her but she won that argument. So it was planned at 9 a.m that we would leave.
Now it was dinner time and none of the girls had ask if the newcomers wanted to go. I doubted they would considering the type of clothing they wore. Now to mention this was possibly a planned trip. They had probably brought clothes from there time so they don't have to wear our clothes. I had to admit though, their clothes was strange. Oh well, if they are staying here then they need our type of clothing. That way they won't look like outcasts.
I muster up all my courage and direct my question to the two new girls.
"Tomorrow, Cecily, Sophie, and I are all going out for a girls' day, I stated hopefully casually, I was wondering if you two would like to come." After I finish I look to the two girls. The one with black hair almost immediately agreed.
"As long as we can go shopping," she stated as if daring someone to disagree.
The other girl, however, was hesitant. She looked over to her boyfriend then at the girl. What was her name? Isabelle! That's it! I mentally chuckled. As for the other I could instantly remember her name, Clary. After Will's great great great, oh forget it, grandson, gave a reassuring smile and light squeeze of the hand it was decided. As that was decided, I decided to just call them our grandchildren. I will just use their names.
"Ok, I'll go. It'll be fun." She said with a smile.
"Ok, then. It is decided. Tomorrow we will leave at 9 a.m. And don't worry Isabelle there will be plenty of stores for you to shop." I stated knowing this was going to be fun.
After dinner, everyone went to their rooms. I had picked up my book of Hamlet then set to reading. 10 minutes later, I hear a knock at my door. I close my book, but not before putting in my book mark, and make my way to the door.
I opened the door and not to my surprise is Will standing there. I immediately shoo him in but not before I catch a glimpse of Jace doing the same thing to Clary. I quickly shut the door and ask,"What are you doing here, William." Trying to sound exasperated. I almost managed it.
Keyword: almost. He read through my tone and stated,"Why only to look at my beautiful love. Am I not allowed to come and see the face of my beautiful one?" He asked mocking a hurt tone.
"Oh, well I suppose you can for a few minutes." I say walking over to him and sitting on my bed.
"So. . . . ." he stated plainly.
"No." I stated firmly already knowing what he was suggesting. Besides these walls weren't sound proof.
"I didn't even say anything," he protested faking a hurt tone.
"You didn't have to, Will. I know you." I replied.
"Of course you do, my love. You and you only. Well, maybe with the exception of Jem." He stated not taking his eyes off me.
As soon as Jem's name was said he smiled. Though his eyes told a different story. You could see sadness in them. Only a select few new how hard it hit Will when he best friend became a Silent Brother. Now he wasn't even aloud to come around unless it was an emergency. It hit Will the hardest. There were nights where he would just walk around aimlessly. It hit me hard as well. I covered my pain up though for the sake of Will.
Will's voice broke me out of my thoughts. "What are you reading," he stated picking up my book.
"Why don't you look and see." I replied since it was already in his hand.
He read the title and asked," Is there a particular reason as to why you picked this book or did you just want to read it for fun?" He had a slight smile playing across his lips.
I just picked it up from my dresser and started to read it. It is a good book after all." I stated as if it were obvious.
"Well then let's read it, shall we?" He states his signature smirk on his face.
"Wait! I have a better idea" he said so suddenly that I almost dropped the book I was holding.
He moved toward the wall with several long, quiet strides. The flash of something came from his pocket and I realized it was his stele. He began to draw a hearing rune on himself then drew a little square on the wall.
"Will, what do you think you're doing?" I ask giving him a questioning look. He doesn't respond. I edge closer to him watching the square. Then I realize what he is doing and I slap him. Lightly of course but still hard enough to get his attention.
He looks at me and mouthes watch. I simply shake my head and tell him no. But as stubborn as he is he won't take no for an answer. He gently but firmly takes my hand and pulls me down so that I am level with him. I look through the glass? Window? Anyway I quickly see what is going on and why Will wanted me to see this. Jace was in Clary's room reading to her as they laid on the bed. She had a smile on her face as she listened to Jace, who was currently laying beside her one arm wrapped around her and the other propping the book he was reading to her.
It took me a minute to realize what he was reading. I look to Will who had a smirk on his face. The book was A Tale of Two Cities. The very book me and Will bonded over.
"Good boy. Just like a Herondale." I heard Will mutter under his breath. I simply shake my head and draw a hearing rune as well. I watch intently with a loving expression as how Jace read. He was just like Will.
Speaking of Will, he dispelled the glass and walk over to the bed, but not before grabbing a book and sat down. I slowly walk toward him trying to catch a glimpse at the book he picked.
After I am there I carefully place myself in the midst of his arms and ask teasing,"What is the bedtime story tonight?"
He looks at me and just smiles. He lays down on the bed and pulls me with him. I am still curled up in his arms as he brings out the book.
He opens it and starts to read: It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. It was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness- I just smiled inwardly to my self. This was the much beloved book. A book that people once fought over, once bonded over and still love as we know today. Our very dear book: A Tale of Two Cities. It wasn't long till we were both asleep with smiles on our faces and dreams of our loved ones dancing through our heads.