V Gabriel FAMILY TIME

I am completely shell-shocked. I just found out that these kids who look no more older then us are our great great great-however many greats- grankids. Alec looks so much like Cecily and yet he's a Lightwood. Meaning that Cecily and I have kids. The girl, Isabelle, had Cecily necklace. I find myself staring at them three. How they all look alike. Cecily grips my hand and looks at me with her sparkling eyes. I can tell she is just as shocked but she is hiding it as usual. Then the girl, Clary speaks up telling her story. I find myself listening intently in which I hardly do. Then Will's descendent, Jace speaks up. I could tell when they first arrived who he was related to. They both had the same cocky attitudes and good looks.
I was thankful when the maid came in so I could think for a moment. There stories seemed familiar. As if specially designed to entwine with each other. Clary's and Jace's stories that is. Clary didn't mention her dad but I understood why. That was a wound that didn't need to be opened.
"Since you are staying the night, will we show you to your rooms. You can put your things in your rooms and then each of us can show you around. So you can be familiarized with our institute." Charlotte sums up.
"Ok, is there anything else we should know about the institute before we leave the library?" asked Alec.
"Well, the person that just came in is Hazel Grace. She helps out around the institute. Our other helper is Samuel Green. He helps with armory and such. Our cook is Brooklyn Collins. They all are mortals with sight. We train them as shadowhunters so if the institute ever was attacked, we would have some back-up to defend it. So anything else?" Charlotte asks. I looked over to Will who just smirked silently.
"That pretty much sums it up, I suppose," stated Clary.
By now, the Herondale boy, had wondered over to the books and was looking at them. No one seemed to noticed except for Will and Tessa who watched him with interest.
"Ok, then. Will, Cecily, you will show Jace to his room and around the institute. Gabriel and Gideon, you will do the same for Alec and Isabelle. Sophie, you take Simon and Tessa you will show Magnus. Henry and I will take Clary. After everyone is done we can meet up in the dining hall. Agreed?" she finishes.
"Agreed." Everyone states in unison.
"Let's get going, then." Isabelle states picking her things off the ground. After that everyone dispersed.
---------------
As soon as we left the library, Isabelle asks," So your Gabriel(points to me) and your Gideon?"
"Yes," Gideon replies with casualness.
"Cool, Alec's middle name is Gideon. My is Sophie like your girlfriend?" her voice made it a tone of question. But before Gideon could reply Isabelle said,"Anyway, it's pretty cool if you think about it."
"How so?" Alec asked.
"Well, we're descended from Gabriel and our middle names are from his brother and sister-in-law." Isabelle stated so plainly like that answer solved the point.
"Anyway so Gabriel?" Isabelle continues.
"Yes?" I state asking.
"Are you and Cecily dating?"she asks curiously.
That one caught me off guard. Gideon smirked and tried to suppress a laugh. I shot him a glare before composing myself. I answered her saying,"Yes Cecily and I are dating. Though her brother doesn't like it too much. Tough luck for Will. He'll have to get used to it." That thought made me smile.
"Ya, Will didn't like it too much when Cecily introduced herself as a Lightwood though I can't see the problem with that. I'm guessing that Herondales and Lightwoods don't get along too well here. Do they?" Isabelle finished.
"Basically." I said. It was the truth. Though what Alec said next caught me off guard, again.
She looked to Alec who laughed and she joined in. "It ironic, really. Herondales and Lightwoods. You two don't like each other. Jace and I, on the other hand, don't dislike each other. We are parabatai. Herondale and Lightwood. We watch each others backs. Sure he can be. . . . hard to get along with at points but he still Jace." Stated Alec with absolute firmness.
"Jace Herondale who once was a Lightwood. I don't think I ever imagined Lightwoods and Herondales together; much less parabatai. It was mainly Herondale and Carstairs that was together." I stated thinking aloud.
So I'm assuming that Cecily and Will both have parabatai who are Carstairs?" Isabelle's tone turned it into a question.
"Cecily doesn't but Will did." I state turning a corner.
Before Isabelle can reply Gideon states,"This is the weaponry/training room. Feel free to look around."
I look around to confirm he was right. I've been so busy talking to Isabelle and Alec that I forgot we were to show them around.
I hung back near the door as I watched them. Alec went over the the bows and arrows. Isabelle looked at a few parasols that Henry made. They were deadly. I couldn't help but notice that Alec has experimentally picked up a bow, grabbed an arrow from the stack, notched it, and let it fly. It flew straight toward the target and embedded it in the center.
"Nice shot," I find myself saying. "I think we now have a common interest." I added as an afterthought.
Gideon agrees by saying,"He seems to have inherited his good aim from you, Gabriel."
"I take it your favored weapon is the bow and arrow?" Alec asks gesturing to the ones on the walls.
"Yes, though I am good with any weapon, really." I returned.
"Now your starting to sound like Jace," Isabelle chimes in.
"And your comparing me to a Herondale, so we're even." I retort with a slight mischievous smile.
She shrugs her shoulders and says,"whatever," then moves over to look at a new invention of Henry's. a golden whip that was meant to kill demons in a single swipe. I watched her, as did Gideon, expertly twist it around.
"I see your favored weapon is the whip." I stated realizing that I stated the obvious.
"Well, yeah considering I have one on my right arm." She replies as if I stated the obvious, which I just I did. Still, it didn't mean I had to like it.
"Well, we should be going. There is the music room you must see as well as the other rooms. Not to mention, that we should probably take you to your rooms so you can put your things down. Follow me." I say as I run out the door. I slow down realizing that they probably aren't as fast with their things on them. I am surprised when I find them right on my heels. I turn around before anyone can retort and run to their rooms.
Once there I say,"Here, these are your rooms. You can put your stuff down in there. " I gesture towards the two rooms. Isabelle takes the one on my left, and Alec is on the right.
They quickly set their stuff down and Isabelle inquires,"Where to next?"
"Curious little thing, aren't you?" I wonder aloud.
"One, I am not a 'little thing' and two, to answer your question, yes, I am maybe a little curious every now and then." Isabelle stated fiercely.
Alec mumbled,"A little is an understatement." Then laughed but quickly changed it into a cough or tried to; considering the glare Isabelle was giving him. I looked over to Gideon who was trying to suppress a smile and I just laughed.
"What's so funny, Gabriel?" Isabelle asked furious. I noticed her brother hadn't quite managed to kill his laugh.
"Nothing," I killed the laugh changing it into a smirk. She gave me her award-winning glare. At least, I assumed it would be award-winning. If looks could kill, I'd be dead, I thought to myself.
We continued to show them around the institute. At one point, we ran into Cecily, Will, and Jace. Quite literally. The only person who didn't run into anyone was Gideon. Isabelle ran into Cecily. Alec ran into Jace and I ran into Will.
"Watch where your going, Lightworm." Will retorts angry.
"Watch-" I was cut mid-sentence by Isabelle who looked appalled.
"Lightworm?" she asked incredulously. "Seriously."
Jace shot Isabelle a warning look. Will just shrugged and Cecily shot Will an exasperated look.
Seriously Will, her eyes seemed to say, you just don't know when to keep your mouth shut, do you?
Over the past few weeks, I got better at reading people. Cecily especially. I saw the look he gave her. Whatever, his eyes seemed to say. I wanted to smack him. Fortunately, for him Isabelle got the look from Jace and so did Cecily. She lead Jace and Will away and I shot her a grateful look and Will an accusing glare just as they turned the corner. I saw the flash of a smile and then she was gone.
Isabelle seemed furious then a small gasp escaped through her lips as I pushed the door opened to the music room.
"Jace would love this." She said aloud as she ran her hand along one of the grand pianos.
"I take it he plays piano as well." I stated wondering just for a second, if there was anything this kid hasn't done. I quickly dismissed the thought.
Once their done, we go to the dining hall. Only a few are already there. Sophie and Simon. Gideon takes a seat in front of Sophie. Isabelle takes a seat by Simon. Will, Jace and Cecily is there as well. I take my seat beside Cecily and Alec takes a seat beside Jace. It's not long before Tessa and Magnus show. Tessa sits beside Will and Magnus sits on the other side of Alec. Then come Charlotte, Henry, and Clary. Clary sits on the other side of Jace next to Simon. Charlotte takes her seat at the head and I realize that all the New Yorkers are on one side of the table and the Londoners on the other side. Scratch that, some Londoners were on the side with our New York ancestors. Looking at them they were arranged left to right with Magnus, Alec, Jace, Clary, Simon, Isabelle, and Sophie. Looking at us, I see we have somewhat mirrored them. Starting left to right it was: Me, Cecily, Will, Tessa, Henry, and then Gideon with Charlotte at the head.
When the food is brought, everyone except the New Yorkers, dig in. It is as if they have never seen a whole-cooked meal before.
They stare at it before finally digging in. I state aloud,"It's as if you have never seen a home-cooked meal before."
"In our defense",states Jace arrogantly,"all we normally eat it fast food and Isabelle's awful cooking. Which, by the way, you should try to avoid. Don't let her in the kitchen if you value good food."
"Hey!" Isabelle yells across the table. "It's not that bad. Only semi-bad." With that said she gives Jace an evil look. He just shakes his head and continues eating. I suddenly wonder if her cooking is that bad. Surely it can't be that bad, can it?
On that happy thought, we continue to eat.