IV Jace STORY TIME

I watch as all eyes slowly fall on me. I just smirk. Everyone says I am stunningly attractive and that it is quite hard not to look at me.
I watch as Cecily and Will turn colors.
Cecily immediately asks," Where are you from?"
I just laughed and said,"We are from the New York Institute,2007."
"So we are basically from the future." Simon explained.
"Thank you, for that helpful piece of information. I am sure that they now know where we are from." Isabelle states sarcastically.
Simon shot back catching the sarcasm,"Your Welcome." Dripping his voice with sarcasm just to annoy Isabelle. She just rolled her eyes. I smirk. Clary shot Simon a glare.
"So why don't we start we the basics. Background stories,maybe. So we can all get a clear picture of who descended from who." Magnus said casually. Clary would you like to explain?" I could tell he wasn't really asking. I could also tell that Clary really didn't want to. I gave her hand a slight squeeze and a reassuring nod conveying that it was alright.
She drew in a deep breath then answered,"Well, for one we all know that everyone here is related to someone, with the exception of Simon and Magnus. I am descended from Henry and Charlotte. Well technically my mother was since her maiden name was Fairchild. That would've been my shadowhunter name had I grown up like a shadowhunter."
Tessa and Sophie both state in unison,"What do you mean if you had grown up as a shadowhunter?"
"I am curious about that, as well" Charlotte states.
Well, I was actually raised up like a mundane child. When I was very little my mother took me to Magnus. She didn't want me to grown up like other shadowhunters." Magnus cast a glance over to Clary.
He cut in by saying," This was 17 years ago when Clary was a little baby. Tessa you was with me. Her mother was Jocelyn Fairchild descended from you two. He then points to Charlotte and Henry.
"She wanted our help. I refused at first but Tessa eventually convinced me to help her. She was born a shadowhunter and Valentine's daughter. She couldn't go back. She wanted a spell that would shield her eyes from the shadowhunter world. Eventually we helped her. She changed her name to Fray joining the names of Fairchild and Gray. I put a spell on her and told her mom to come back every two years. As she got older, we had to do it more frequently. Then one unexpected night-" Magnus was cut off by Clary who started re telling it again.
"I went to a club with Simon. I wanted to know what the symbol meant. I saw the angelic rune on the sign. A guy whispered to the gatekeeper and he let us in. Then as I was walking I saw Isabelle. She lured a demon to a supply closet. I watched as I saw two more figures go in a few minutes after. I sneaked inside and that when I saw them. Isabelle, Alec and Jace. They were interrogating the guy that let Simon and me in. Isabelle had her whip around him. Jace was going to kill him. I didn't know he was a demon. I cried out, 'Stop!'"
"And if I recall correctly, you almost got me killed, didn't you?" I asked teasing her.
"Yes, but you are still here so it wasn't that bad." Clary said defensively. We all just smirked.
"Anyway, the next morning, I saw him again. I was with Simon at a place called Java Jones. As soon as he goes outside I follow him."
"If I remember correctly you tried to blend into the couch. Got pale and then ran out of there like, and I quote,'like a bat out of hell.'
"Oh shut up, Lewis."she said clearly agitated. "Will you two both shut up and let me continue?" She stuck an accusing finger at Simon and me.
Simon and I did one of the things she hates, calling her Fray. I gave her an apologetic smile and Simon gave her a nod. We said in unison," Never, Fray."
"Anyway, I got a call from my mother telling me not to go home. So of course I did. I grabbed Jace's sensor because I thought it was a phone. I went home and soon I was faced with the fact that one my mother was gone and two that the place was a complete wreck. One thing I didn't realize there was a demon with me, a Ravener. I fought it for a few seconds then I threw the sensor into it mouth. It started to choke. By the time Jace had got there it was still spasming. I was blacking out, fighting to stay conscious. I had been stung by the demon. On the back of my neck." She winced as if remembering and feeling the pain.
"That when Jace picked me up and carried me to the Institute. That when I began to learn all about the shadow world." She says as she finished up. I noticed how she didn't say anything about the evil in the family. I decided not to bring that up.
The story seemed to leave everyone at a loss for words. Even Will. Then Charlotte stood up once more and asked the imposing question,"Did you find her?"
"Yes." Clary stated with assuring firmness. Everyone is silent for a moment then Magnus indicates someone else. It is quiet for one long moment before I decide to break it.
"I believe I will go next. I am pretty sure we all know who I descend from."
"Yes, because your arrogant, cocky attitudes and good looks are your most distinct traits." Magnus says matter-of-factly.
"I will take that as a complement." I say cockily.
"Will, Cecily what about you?"
"Yes, thanks for the complement, Magnus." Will states flatly.
Honestly, I am still in shock that I basically just met my great-great-great -however many greats-grandad and aunt. We are meeting our ancestors from Angel knows when. I suddenly wonder if we will leave. The thought fills me with a strange dread. I wonder if we are going to stay here in the institute overnight.
I continue with my story,"So anyway I obviously descend from Will and Tessa. But there was a time when I thought I was descended from another family."
Cecily asked,"Where do you think you came from?"
Well, up until I was ten I thought my dad was Michael Wayland. I thought I was a Wayland. He was the one who taught me everything. I got weapons, and books. He taught me how to play an instrument."
"What happened to him? I mean I know he wasn't your father but it still had to be a big blow when you found out who you were." Tessa asked.
"One I didn't find out who I was. They led me to believe I was someone else entirely. And as for what happened to my so-called dad, he died. Two man slaughtered him. We were in the house when it happened. He told me to go hide. I hide under the staircase. I heard him. I watched through the grate. I saw one man pull his arms behind him pinning him down. The other one stabbed him through the heart. I did not cry out, even as his blood seeped into my shoes. Then they sent me to the Lightwoods. Alec and I became parabatai. Isabelle became a sister to me. Alec became my brother. I became Jace Lightwood." He paused for a moment. Alec and Isabelle both knew the story because they were in it. Clary and Simon did too. Even Magnus knew the story.
I look around at everyone. I get everyone's sympathy. I don't want their sympathy. I look over to Will who has a look of empathy on his face. Like he could relate to me.
I immediately say,"I don't want your sympathy, ok. I just want you to treat me like a normal person. Will seemed a little shocked on hearing those words but I continued anyway, Besides he taught me that to love was to destroy and to be loved was to be destroyed. All that changed though when Clary came around. She broke everything I thought was right. She changed me in a way I didn't think possible." Again Will looked shocked and so did Tessa, by the looks of it. "Then came Valentine Morgenstern, Clary's dad. He convinced me that I was a Morgenstern. Not a Wayland or a Lightwood but a Morgenstern. I had a Wayland ring. He turned it right-side-up so the W became a M. It made sense. Everything they taught me. It started to blend together. Then he told me the family could be united at last. I didn't understand. He told me the girl I loved was my sister. That my real name was Jonathan Christopher Morgenstern. It wasn't possible. I unfortunately believed it though. As the months passed and we found out more, it was clear that we weren't brother and sister. Never had been. Never will be. She did in fact have a brother but he was evil. That another story though. Anyway, I soon found out that I wasn't any of those. I was a Herondale. The Herondale blood line would have ended with my father. I technically wasn't born yet. My mother died in childbirth and I was still alive because Valentine fed my mother, who happened to be named Cecily,angel blood or dust. Everytime she drink it or ate it i would get more angel blood taken into me. Clary's mother was given the same thing. It explains why we have more angel blood then most shadowhunters. Anyway to make a long story short, that how you get me, the next Herondale.
Everyone was silent. Again. Really these people act like that haven't ever even heard the word evil before.
Soon the silence was broken by a maid who asked,"Will you be staying overnight. I can show you to your rooms if you like."
Everyone looked towards Clary. She was the one who drew it after all. I speak up for her noticing her discomfort,"Well, do you guys want to stay?"
"Yes!" they say in unison. Clary shot me a grateful look.
"We will show them to their rooms later, Hazel. Thanks." Charlotte states.
"Dinner will be ready in 45 minutes."
"Thanks, Hazel." She replied.

A/N
Sorry if I didn't get Jace's story right. I couldn't exactly remember it. Anyway how does everyone like it so far? I just wanted to give thanks to everyone reading this. Remember: fav, follow, comment, and most importantly read. Bye everybody.