Home Sweet Foster Home

(Author's note: this is Robyn's pov, who is currently named Robyn Fanwan)

I jump up and down on my bed. Dancing along to showtunes. "I wish...More than anything...More than life...More than jewels...More than the moon...The King is giving a Festival. I wish to go to the Festival"

"Stop that singing, you sound like a dying squirrel" my foster father yelled from the kitchen. I frowned, I always got complimented on my singing, and I thought it was pretty okay. When ever they said this I always would doubt myself. "Get up we're leaving, someone wants to adopt you" his voice sounded scratchy as he continued, "Finally out of my damn hair, trouble maker." Without another word between us, I make my way to the car and we drive in silence. I lean my head on the door and close my eyes, but suddenly the car stops. "Here we are" he says, and I cringe, his voice sounded like he couldn't breath, but it always sounded like that.

"What are we doing here?" I ask as we get out of the car.

"I already told you" he grunted annoyed. I keep my mouth shut, knowing, one more word could mean the difference between staying alive, or finding myself at the next foster dump. We near the white clean building and make our way inside. "Sit down." He started talking to the receptionist and I looked around, I have never been here before. 

"Robyn Fanwan and her caretaker?" a nice lady calls at a door that leads behind the counter. Is this the doctor's? I would have remembered that. I get up and my foster father shuffles behind me. "How are you dear?" she says as she leads us through a hall of offices. I don't say anything at first but he nudges me.

"Nervous." I say and I can feel his scowl. She stops and turns around with a warm smile.

"I can understand that getting adopted can be scary, no need to be nervous dear," she says and continues walking. Adopted? Well, that explains his suit, he's trynna get rid of me. "Here we go" I look down, silent, they like silent kids. "Now, Mr...." she looks at a file, I keep my eyes on her, not wanting to see the man adopting me. "Ah, Mr. Gray. Here she is, our most troublesome child" she says doubtfully. My ears perk up, so he wanted a troublemaker? That's different. My foster father muttered something about me being too much to handle and I looked up to see my new parent. A young man, no older than 25 was sitting in the chair. It took me a second to realize it but...He's famous! 

"Hey" he says smiling. "I'm trying to adopt you, would you like that?" he asks sweetly. I finally look around the room, there was a bodyguard in the corner, what looked like a manager next to him, and a little hair clip in his hands. It has a dark pink background with a baby pink teddy bear on it. Everyone stares at me and I barely notice it. I look down and fiddle with my hands.

"Sure, but can I get to know you first?" I ask. My foster father lightly slaps my head, making me laugh. "What? Am I expected to be adopted by someone I don't even know?" I continue to chuckle.

"Quiet" he grumbles, just barely loud enough for me to hear. The grin on my face widens.

"I think you're right, we should get to know one another first" Mr. Gray says. "Here" he says getting closer to me, I tense up. "May I?" he asks so I nod, and he puts the clip into my hair. "There, it suits you" he smiles. Gosh, not even 5 minutes in and he's already the best parent ever.

"Thank you" I say, not believing him, I hardly thought anything looked good on me. Still, I couldn't help but smile. He seemed much more nice and loving than any foster parent I've ever met.

"Now about those visitations, How many do you want to schedule?" the office lady asks both the men. Mr. Gray moves back to his seat.

"Twice a week or more,  if possible" He says with a clear voice.

"Just take her, be her foster parent for awhile, while you're at it" my foster father's coarse voice rang out.

"Well, I'll arrange for that. You will move homes, at the earliest, the end of this week" she says, trying to keep her cool. "There will be 2 visitations this week, and you should prepare to move" she says smiling. I look towards Mr. Gray, and he's also smiling.

My foster parent and I then walked out of the office and back out of the building. Into the car we go, and we stay quiet. Until "What were you thinking, talking back to me, no one likes a trouble maker."

"Well, if you would've listen to the lady, then you'd have known that he was looking for a trouble maker. Besides, didn't you notice-" he tried to object "-he had a bodyguard, I bet he's famous, so he wants a kid that has energy-" He was furious, he kept his eyes on the road though.

"I don't give a damn if he's a pop star or he's abusive. It Gets you out of my damn life" he yells. I am speechless. He really wants me gone that badly? I grumble but don't talk back. When we get home, I crawl into the small bed and close my eyes. I fall asleep with no dinner or lunch in me. 

I open my eyes slowly, I get up, and make my way quietly to the kitchen. I look at the clock on the stove and surprisingly it is only 4:15 A.M. I sigh and get something to eat. With food in hand I slink back to my room. Slowly chewing on the corner of the bread. I plop onto the hard bed and curl up, cold. I continue to nibble on the bread as I count sheep. When I realized that wouldn't work I quietly hummed a lullaby that has been stuck in my head since I was a little girl.

No matter how far you go, you should always know, I have my eyes on you, don't think we're through, I ache for you, I kept you warm and safe through the storm, I always love you, so don't think that we're through, I will find you again, and when, I do, you'll say, 'who knew?'

I drifted off back to sleep. I had nice dreams of the handsome man from the building, driving me away to be famous. 

(Author's note: So the song is by me, updates are gonna be every Thursday, but just know that I might post more depending on how school is going. This is not going to be bdsm or smut or anything, it's just gonna be a nice fluff imagine about an adoptive dad and his daughter, so if you're not interested thanks for giving this a chance. If you are interested though, well then please know I have the right to change my mind at anytime about her having a love interest, but as of now, she will not. She is not going to fall in love with Conan, she is too young and he is 23 so I will NOT be having them in a relationship. Thank you for understanding)