Not Well

(A/N: at this point what music am I even recommending to you? Haha, hope you enjoy) 

When school started back up everyone was staring at me. I pulled down my hoodie.

"You're in violation of the dress code" My counselor says as I sit in her office, knees to my chest. I am wearing a hoodie and sweatpants. "Are you okay? Would you like me to call your father?" I look away from her. I walked to school because Conan has a test today. I doubt he'll be able to pick me up but I sigh.

"I think he's busy but it wouldn't hurt to try." She looks up my contact list.

"Would you mind telling me what's the matter?"

My eyes tear up, "There was this boy I liked..." I look up at her before I proceed, "He seemed pretty sweet and I went on a date with him over spring break" my voice cracks.

"And?"

"He tried to kiss me and I told him to stop but he wouldn't and he was trying to force me but then there was someone there who yelled at him, I didn't get to see who it was because I kicked him and started to run home, and I heard that someone got punched but I couldn't bring myself to look back and see what was happening because I am weak and was too scared. I am so stupid for thinking that someone could like me, he was trying to use me for my body. I didn't talk all spring break and I stayed in my room and I really didn't want to come to school today but I was worried that it'd stress out my dad too much. Also I got mad at my dad that night, I snapped at him even though he's done nothing wrong, he's only treated me with kindness and love, he's never once raised his voice, I said sorry to him but I feel so bad it's eating me up inside–" I ramble on crying. It's like I've opened up the floodgates, letting all the emotions out.

"Sweety, you need to tell me who it was, not only was that boy committing sexual assault, if he's causing this much distress for you it needs to be handled immediatly."

"Jamie" I hiccup. She takes note of his name and hands me the phone.

"Just press enter"

"Hello?" Conan's voice sounds worried, even through the phone. "Is it Robyn? Is she okay?"

"I'm fine dad" I look up, "Okay, partially fine, I'm not feeling so good...mentally. I just wanna go home. I know you have that test but is there somebody who could come pick me up? I can't leave campus unless someone comes and signs me out." I tell him.

"Look, Robyn I'm about to go into the testing room, I can't have my phone in there and I can't leave or else I'll fail but...I know someone who might be able to pick you up, just give me a moment. Would you like me to sign Ivy out too? For moral support?"

I sniffle, "Yeah"

"Let me call her parents and ask around if someone can pick you guys up. I love you, see you when I get home."

"Love you too." The phone line clicked. "He can't pick me up but he's gonna call around to see if someone can."

"Do you want to stay here?" the sweet counselor. I shake my head and walk back to 3rd period. On my way there the bell rings so I just go to 4th period. In health class I see on the board that we're going to get new seats. Boy and girl pairings. I groan. The teacher puts me next to the boy who got food thrown on him by Jamie.

"Are you okay?" He says.

"Yes" I tell him harshly.

"I saw what Jamie did, I yelled and was gonna take you home after but you ran," he explains, my face softens, 'so he saved me?', "Plus me and Jamie started fighting. Oh! And if you see him now he'll have a nasty bruise on his jaw." He laughed to himself.

"Thanks" I laugh along. I look over at Ivy who looks back at me and wiggles her eyebrows. "I'm Robyn Fanwan"

"I know- I mean, uh, my name's Aeron Perez." His face burns red. He buries his face into his hands. "You're so cute I don't even know how to talk to you-"

"Oh! Thanks" I turn bright red as well, "I didn't know you thought I'm cute." Aeron's half-teal half-black hair is messy and I want to play with it. It's weird how him complimenting me made me feel just a tiny bit more comfortable. Nevertheless I refrain from playing with his hair. I clear my throat. "So we're supposed to go over" my voice fails me so I try again, "we need to go over the female reproductive system."

"Sure" he squeaks.

"So umm, there's a paper that you can read, I already know all of this." He looks at me questioningly but then his mouth makes an 'O' shape as he realizes why. Most girls already had 'the talk' with their mother or their aunt or their grandmother. For me, I got a brochure, some chocolates and a box of pads. They locked me in my room for most of that week.