Tired

I was laying my head on the table. Even the cafeteria was super nice. It was made of mostly light brown woods, the round tables, comfy chairs. "It wasn't that bad" Ivy says trying to cheer me up. Within two periods she's become attached to me at the hip, and I would have died without her.

"It so was" I grumble. We just got out of health class and the teacher had used me as an example with some other kid.

"That boy was hot" she teases. I groan and bang my head on the table. We sat at an empty one and I hear someone sit down in the chair next to me. I don't bother to look up. "Look, it happened. She does it all the time, she did it to me and Cherry one time to describe the diseases of gay sex or whatever" she says clicking her snake rings on the table.

"Hey" a soft voice says. It's timid, scared, so I look up. I drop my head in embarrassment because it's the boy we were talking about. I peek again, he doesn't notice, he has half black half teal hair, he wore the uniform neatly but there was nothing in particular that stood out about him.

"Hey" I mumble, letting my head rest again.

I hear someone else sit down at our table. Great. Just great. I hear their tray slide on the table. "Sup" a more aggressive voice says. Startled I sit up straight. He's the by from the circle out back. He wears his uniform in a mess, his hair looks like shit and it seems like sleep was unknown to him, but he pulled it off. He didn't seem faded but I was cautious with the way I was going to proceed to talk to him. Though I didn't get a chance because he kissed my cheek, dumped his food on the other boy and bolted.

"The fuck man!" the softer boy yells angrily, something I did not expect. He looks back at me before getting up and making his way to the office.

"Omg, Jamie so has a crush on you!" Ivy exclaims. I look at her annoyed.

"He does not" I groan embarrassed. The bell ring and I make my way with Ivy to engineering "So his name is Jamie?" I ask.

"The one who kissed you, yeah" she says. At engineering we just take apart a computer. After is visual arts, we do auditions for the new play. World language was hard, I have a lot of catching up to do in that class but my last class, math was too easy. It was even the advanced class.

Conan texts me 'Can you walk home, I'm at work still' so I text him back that I would. I kind of didn't want Ivy to know my dad was Conan. I wasn't sure how she'd react, would she just hang out with me because my dad is famous? "I'm walking home" I tell her.

"That's fine, my mom said I have like 2 hours before I have to be home" she says smiling. I have to use google maps to make my way home and I let her in. "Your house is nice" she says wandering around the bottom floor. She opens the fridge without asking, takes out the milk and pours herself a cup of milk. I can't help but smile how she's already at home with her surroundings. "So who do you live here with?" she asks putting the milk away and taking a sip.

"Um" I say. "My dad" I tell her.

"Cool, must be loaded," she says. She puts her cup in the sink and I get her to follow me upstairs. "So you don't share a room with anyone?" she asks, just exploding with questions.

"Nope" I say, we drop our things and jump up to my bed, laying down. "Do you have any siblings?" 

"Yeah, like 6" she mumbles. "Do you?" she asks in return.

I was about to say no but Conan, being super loud shouted from downstairs "I'm home!"

Ivy sits up and looks to the door, as if waiting to see who the voice belonged to. "Is that your older brother?" she asks.

"No it's my dad" I say, "Upstairs!" I yell. I shuffle off my bed, Ivy follows me.

"EEEEEEEe!" a sharp female voice squeals.