One last day

(Author's Note: What? It ain't a true fanfic without an author's note at least once. The song above doesn't have anything to do with the story but it helped me write this part, it was just the playlist I listened to while writing.)

I lean on my desk playing with my pencil. Back, and forth. Back, and forth. I count how many times I can do this before my teacher gets mad. I also try to think about my past 3 visits with Conan. Mostly more fun outings but none as long as the first one. I look at the clock, 10 more minutes in 4th period. 10 more minute I can make it , I tell myself. My Math teacher hates me. He almost always gives me detention for random things. "Robyn Fanwan to the principle's office" I tense up. Damn it, so close. There was a collective wave of whispering but my math teacher shushes them up. I pick up my black backpack and shove my stuff in it. I rush out the room embarrassed.

I don't have to look to feel my teacher's death glare. Was it my outfit? I wonder. I had been wearing a black crop top today but most girls wore that. I had baggy green cargo pants and eyeliner. I had chose to wear my green flannel jacket  with a grey hood to match. So nothing there would get me sent to the principle's office. I mulled over everything as I walked to the office. "Hello dear! Are you Robyn?" I nodded. "Sit over there, he's in a meeting at the moment but will have you in shortly" the old receptionist told me. I sat on the uncomfortable blue plastic chair, waiting for him to call me in.

Muffled voices were heard through the glass window. I couldn't make out what they were saying. My foster father stepped out and the principle invited me in. "Hello, I am sure you've heard you won't be attending here tomorrow." He says calmly. My mouth dropped. Have I been suspended or expelled? For what!?  I grumble because I was being told no information what so ever. "I am so happy to hear you've finally found a potential parent. Hold onto hope my good child." Something in my head clicked. Moving Day. I was going to LA with Conan, or maybe to another school while he is still out here.

"Thanks" I mumble uncomfortable. He lets me out and Conan is talking to the receptionist lady. He doesn't notice me at first but as soon as he did he walks toward me.

He asks me "Are you ready?" I nod and go to grab his hand and he takes it "You're going to stay for the rest of the day, I just came to get all your school stuff in order. Oh and here, I brought you lunch." he hands me a plastic bag filled with food. "I'll pick you up after school, so we can get everything ready."

We walk out of the office and I am reluctant to let go of his hand. He gently pulls his hand away and pats my back. Nudging me towards the cafeteria just as gently. The bell rings so I rush towards the green tables outside. I sit alone at the table pulling out my lunch that Conan had brought me. It was a peanut butter and jelly with carrot sticks and a fruit cup.

............

School is finally over. But I wonder if Conan knows when my school day is over. I sat on a curb in front of school gate. I had been waiting for some time. He must have gotten a wrong time. Most kids are gone and those who are waiting have their little groups, huddled together. I payed with the little heart that was hidden in my lunch bag. "Get in dork" I hear someone say. I look up and Conan is in his bright red convertible with a goofy smile on his face. Some people stare as I get up and move to the door. As I reach for the door he moves up. He starts to giggle and does it again. 

Some more people stare at us. "Conan let me in" I tease, letting his warm eyes and goofy smile relax me. He pouts, so I reach for the door and he does it again. "Oh come one Conan" I giggle. I abandon all my insecurities as I throw my bag in. 

He raises his eyebrows. "What are you planning?" he teases, "Are you gonna jump?" I do in fact jump. I hop over the door and land on the sit. I stick my tongue out.