House or Home?

The plane ride took 4 hours almost, so it was currently 3:45. Getting home felt like a hassle, we went east from the Los Angeles International airport. It took at least an hour to get there, we passed at least a million building, 3 of which were schools. We passed a police department, city hall, a library. Finally when we got home I was in shock. Larwin Avenue was a small street, the house was very pretty. "4675 Larwin Avenue" Conan announced.I look at the house, but that was all it seemed to be. A house. Not a Home.

It looked dead, so life was around. "It's nice" I tried. I wasn't sure what else to say about it. I took my small suitcase with me as I walked up the steps, which had railings. The grass was healthy, and there were bushes in the front yard. The two story house had two pairs of red doors, on top of one it said 4675 but on the other it said 4677.

He unlocked the door, and says "It's only like a 5 minute drive from your new school, 25 minute walk if you really want to." He laughs a little at his own statement. We walk in and the first thing I see is the stairs, right in front of the door. The first little corner of the house had one step, so it was slightly higher than the rest of the house. I explore around, it has 2 bathrooms and 3 bedrooms. One for me, one for him, and an extra room. Boxes were everywhere. "Sorry, I had some friends of mine move my stuff while I was out in Texas. I wanted you to have your own room as soon as we got here," he explains. So he wasn't here for the moving process.

"It's fine" I smile. He ruffled my hair and I giggle. Trying to get his hand away from my head. We start to unpack but there was just so much.

He just stands there thinking. "How about this? We build all the furniture first, and put our clothes away, then we get into all the little knick knacks of mine." he says.

"What's in it for me" I giggle. He thinks some more.

He smiles when he comes up with an idea. "Shopping for ice cream and brownies, or peach cobbler dump cake. Your choice," he says still smiling. I do a little jab up at the air and get excited. Starting with the living room we get settled in. Making a small brown couch, a table setting the tv on it, and a tiny coffee table. I was pretty tired, but I slept on the plane for the entire way so I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep for sometime. It only took us 15 minutes to set up the living room. I look outside and the sun slowly sets, we had at least 2 hours before the sun went down.

We made our way to the kitchen, cleaning the dust off and putting dishes away. We set up a table and he took out 4 chairs, placing them around the table. Next it was my room. I was so shocked, he had bought me almost all the stuff I had pointed out.  The loft bed made of black wood with small butterfly carvings on the legs. The black curtain with moons on it, and the small fluffy desk chair with no backing. LED lights and a desk for underneath the loft bed.  He had even gotten me a chair swing with a bean bag chair on it. My room was beautiful, it was starting to feel like home now. When we finally got my room set up he pulled out a small fake lavender plant in a hanging pot. "How did you know" I gasp. He shrugs.

"I had a feeling" he says, "But I wasn't sure if you had allergies like me or not" he adds. I put it right on my window, pulling out my dream catcher from my suitcase, putting it right next to the plant. My window has a little bench area were I put some blanket and a few pillow for reading, it looks out to the front yard, a book shelf was next to it but it is empty. I would fill it up soon. He helped me put away my clothes and we set up his room. He had it empty for the most part, a small book shelf with 10 books on it, a small plant in the corner, a huge bed with a bed frame that could have a canopy but he left it empty as well. His sheets were dark navy blue, they were soft, and his pillows had white and blue stripes on them. He also had a small painting on his wall and instead of drawers he had a closet. There was a door leading to his bathroom, which was neat but it had no linen closet.

We changed into comfy clothes and now I was dancing around the living room while he set up the tv. I spin like a ballerina, and twirl around. It was probably around 6, the sun was starting to set. The tv powered on. "Is the tv working?" I ask stopping in the middle or the room, I was pretty dizzy.

"No duh" he says, the exhaustion in his voice present. He pushed himself up from the floor and slinked to the couch. "I am so tired" he grumbled. He wore red flannel pajama pants, a oversized grey t-shirt that said 'American eagle' right above a orange, yellow sky vibe with an airplane, his hair was down messy.

I jumped onto the couch next to him. I wore matching red flannel pajama pants that, I admit I had before I met him, my shirt was black with Machine Gun Kelly's latest album on the back. Ticket to my downfall, I love the album, it had the album picture and the list of songs. On the front it had a small pink guitar with the neck of the guitar made with his name. I loved the shirt. "So...peach cobbler?" I ask. He groans but gets up.

He picks up his keys from the coffee table and I grinned wide. "Get your shoes on, dork" he snickers. I pout but rush to put on shoes. We don't even change we just puts on our shoes and get out of the house. I start walking but he says "This way, to the garage" I was stunned that he got his red convertible from Texas to California without a scratch on it. I would ask how it got there but I didn't want to sound like an idiot. So I jumped over the door and landed softly on the seat. He put the key in the engine and turned it, it began to purr. He hit the gas and we zoomed out of the garage, onto the street. We flew down the street, turning left and right. Another left but onto the freeway. Got off and took a left, then a right, into a Winco parking lot. "Groceries" he cheered. My tummy rumbles and I giggle.

We walk in, he doesn't even put on his 'popstar gear' Ya know, the mask, hat, sunglasses, he didn't care if anyone saw him shopping with me. It warmed my heart. We got enough food to last the month, and sweets to last the month too. "Is our fridge even working?" I ask. He shrugs, the cashier tries not to freak out as she ring us up, she gives me a death glare. What is it with girls giving me death glares? Just because I am somewhere with Conan and he's famous didn't mean I'm a gold digger or anything.

"You live with Conan Gray?" the cashier asks with wide eyes. I panic because I realized what I had said, I look over to Conan who is panicking with me. She stops her scanning and just stares at the two of us.

I wasn't sure what to do. Laugh her off, ask her to keep a secret, maybe just play it off likes it's nothing. "Why wouldn't my daughter live with me?" he asks, playing it off. Daughter. The word warmed my heart even more. She is embarrassed so she keeps her head down and continues her scanning. I smile wide and he says "Yes baby bear, our fridge should be working. I got it up and running before we left." The cashier's face gives us a look that said 'Aw, nicknames, how adorable'

"Great because this ice cream will melt if it's not, Dad" I say smiling, I stick my tongue out and he ruffles my hair. Conan pays and we get out of the store. "Dad" I say letting it roll off my tongue. We wait at a stoplight so he looks over. "Dad" I say again in a different tone. "Father" I say and I just say it in different ways, have I ever addressed someone like that?

"Don't wear it out now," he says, "You saying that makes me feel old." He jokes about it but my face falls slightly. Should I not be saying it? "You've got the rest of your life to call me that, don't wear it out on the first day" he adds, letting me know he likes the sound of it. I giggle, as soon as we get home we put all the groceries away. I help him bake the peach cobbler dump cake and when it cools a little we eat it with ice cream. Watching Coraline, Tangled,and Hannah. The last one was  scary but he let me hug him on the jump scares. I drifted off to sleep without noticing.

(A/N: Just search up peach cobbler dump cake, it's delicious but I have like 10 minutes to get through this chapter and next chapter.)