IKEA

After a 6 minute drive we ended up in Rockwood. I saw the sign that said entering Rockwood or else I would have never known. We pulled in to the IKEA parking lot. First my phone, now Ikea? "Come one" he whispers gently. He grabs my hand and caresses' it softly. His hand traces the lines on my palm, and Conan looks up at me with affection.  A look, a father would give to his daughter. Like he wanted to give me the world if he could. I was in a trance, mesmerized by his eyes. I snap myself out of it, pick up my phone and get out of the car. Lightly, tugging my hand away, and he lets go. We walk up to the big sliding doors and as soon as I enter I am blown away. It was so big. Furniture is everywhere. I have personally never been to IKEA before but I know the general idea of what they sell.

We looked at beds and desks, plant pots and rugs, couches and hanging chair swings, bean bag chairs, drawers, and bookcases. Anything for a room, they had it. We even looked at make up desks with the tiny chairs. I was embarrassed picking things out. It was mostly a rough idea to get to know how I would want my room, mostly blacks, blues, purples. 

So when he wanted me to tell him what I like the most, I was a bit shy about it. I loved the loft bed, it had black wood, with small butterfly carvings. I told him how I liked the black curtain with moons on it, and the small fluffy desk chair with no backing. I even began rambling on about how cool it would be to have LED lights and a desk underneath the loft bed. I blushed of embarrassment when I said I having a bean bag chair or one of the chair swings would be cool. I secretly wanted a hanging lavender pot next to my window, but I didn't want to tell him that.

Like I said, mostly blue, purples and blacks. My favorite colors. When we were finished we drove to his house. It was the first night of being with him. His house felt lonely. "I'm home" he called softly. There was a light pair of footsteps heard coming toward us. He rested a hand on my shoulder to calm me. We were both greeted by a warm smile and a pair of worn out eyes. "Mom" he said as he went to give her a big hug. She looked like she was japanese.

"My honeybear" she said into her shoulder, she was slightly shorter than him. She looked over to me. "Come here my dear" she said as she went over to give me a hug. She pecked both my cheeks and continued to hug me. She rocked her body side to side taking me with her. "I am so happy my honeybear found you. He's been raving about you for days. Here I thought I'd never have a grandchild. Do you mind if I call you dear, or would you prefer baby bear" she cooed

I felt slightly flustered, my mind in shambles trying to find an answer. "Mom, I'm sure she's tired." he tired not to whine but when he said mom, it sure sounded like he whined. She began to laugh and released me from her bear hug. Now she has me using Bear. She brought me over to an empty room. It smelled like Conan. Like...honey and dewdrop melons. I smiled, that must be why she put 'honey' in front of bear. I naturally assumed it was his room before he moved out. Must still be used when he visited.

The walls were unnaturally bare, the closet was empty with just a suitcase. I slowly realized it was my suitcase, or at least had my name on it. There was a larger suit case that looked just the same, a purple dragon with a starry night background. It had Conan's name embroidered into it. While the other, smaller one had my name embroidered on to it. I smiled at the handy work of Mrs. Gray. I could tell it was her because in small letters underneath, it said Papa Bear and baby bear, on the respective suitcases. I inspected it with love. "I hope you don't mind, I packed your stuff up tight for the plane ride tomorrow" Mrs. Gray said by the door. She held up my plaid pajama pants and holey grey shirt. She saw me eyeing them. "And I left out your pajamas, and a set of clean clothes for tomorrow."

I smiled kindly and thanked her. Promising I'd get a good night's sleep. So I showered and got changed into my pajamas. It was a shame I didn't get know her better before I left. I flopped onto the bed and shifted uncomfortably. The door swung open quietly. "Good night" he whispered. Before he could leave the room I sat up.

He looked questioningly, worry and love both in his eyes. How I loved his affectionate look toward me. He seemed like the perfect parent. No. He is the best parent ever. "Can you sing me to sleep?" I asked embarrassed. With him, things I never thought would happen did happen, things I thought I'd never get to say, I knew one day I could. He smiled softly nodding. He came close, tucking me into the sheets. Sitting down next to me and wrapping his arms around me. He softly began to sing. 

" My baby bear, my light,

 in the darkness, I stay in flight

Seeing in the distance

The part I reminiscence, 

gliding over all the obstacles to get to you

I will stay by your side,

even when you hide

long after I'm gone you'll hear my sweet voice sing

I'll hold you tight and never let you" 

I couldn't hear the rest because the warmth of his body and his gently singing had put me to sleep. I dreamt of his soft voice all night. The song replaying in my mind.  Honey and dewdrop melon scents surrounded me in my dreams.

(A/N: No one commented their thoughts about the colors so one of my friends picked random colors. Sorry, for the short chapter, it felt right to end it like that. I hope you enjoyed, before any of you ask, the song is original. No background music is available)