27. Space

Cole's POV
I throw the last knife and it lands perfectly on the 'x' marked on the tree.

"Great" Diego clasps his hands, his face holding a look of proudness towards me.

Diego and I are out throwing knives out in the back garden, I haven't missed one shot so far so he is basically just sitting back and watching me in awe.

"I wonder how Ashley and Isabelle are getting on in their self defence class, I'd say Isabelle is working the poor girl to death" Diego mumbles to himself as the two of us go over to collect the knives still stuck in the tree trunk.

"Ashley would handle it, she has done soccer for years so she has good strength with her legs and speed" I answer back.

It's been two days since we got here.

Ashley and I have been pretty distant, she has been nearly avoiding me for some reason since we got here.

The longest conversation we have had since we got here was a basic 'hi how are you' type of one before she leaves the room.

She even insisted to me that she was staying in the guest bedroom down the hall from me instead of staying in the same room as me.

I came to the conclusion that she might just need space because of the whole situation, so I'm staying out of her way if that's what she wants.

"Speaking of Ashley, have you two got in an argument or something?"
Diego's voice snaps me from my thoughts.

We place the weapons back into their brief cases that have styrofoam to protect the blades and keep them in place.

"Not that I know of, no"

He glances to me, clicking the locks shut, "you two haven't been around each other as much, Isabelle and I both noticed so we guessed it was due to an argument considering both of you two are stubborn mules"

Taking a few cases, Diego takes the rest and we walk along side each other towards the garage.

"She just needs space"

We put the cases away and lock up the garage, entering back into the house from the back door leading from the garage into the house.

"Women can be so confusing with space. One time they would be saying they need space but then give out to you for not being there and then other times they say they want space and if you even try to help they give out for you not respecting their space" Diego laughs placing a shoulder on my hand shaking it slightly.

"You should ask her what's wrong, if she really does want space you will know along with if she wants comfort but is saying she needs space to hide how she is"

Diego smiles at me before walking off towards the kitchen, probably to get food started.

Jogging upstairs, I walk towards the room I'm staying in and frown once I see the door is slightly a jar.

I knew I closed it so someone has definitely gone in there.

I push the door open fully and frown slightly when I see Vanessa, Diego and Isabelle's daughter standing in the room holding photos of some sort.