15. Blossom Tree

Coles POV

"I think I like someone"

I glance to my younger brother, Elijah, with a slightly taken aback reaction. Elijah never really talks to me about this kind of stuff, honestly none of my brothers really do.

"So who is she?"

Elijah nervously pulls at his hoodie sleeves, or should I say Alex's hoodie sleeves.

"It's not a she"

I turn and nod, "sorry I shouldn't have assumed, who are they?"

"He is a guy, you aren't surprised it's not a girl?" Elijah asks as if expecting me to react differently.

I chuckle shaking my head, "I would be lying if I said I wasn't a tad bit surprised, but I don't care if they are male, female etc, as long as they treat you right that's all that I care about"

He looks to me slightly concerned causing me to quirk a confused eyebrow.

"Ashley really has gotten into that head of yours, and it's scary" he shivers.

"My response would have been the same Elijah if you came out to me before I even met Ashley, I support you no matter what, I won't see you any different just because you like a different gender than I do"

"You wouldn't have said anything that gives hints about you caring about me though. I know you care about us all but you use to hide it all the time. I'm glad Ashley showed up"

Oh me too Elijah. Me too.

Fighting back a smile I hand him his mug of tea and the two of us go to the open sitting room and sit down on the couches opposite one another.

"So would you like to tell me who this guy you like is?"

Elijah's cheeks go red with blush as he looks down at his fluffy socks he has on.

"Alex"

Taken aback by the answer I frown, "not to upset you in anyway, but isn't he straight?"

My brother sighs as if he doesn't know himself, "one day he is hitting on me the next he is with some girl, I don't even know if he realises how much signs he is giving towards me nor do I know if he means to give me any signs at all. He might just be acting overly friendly with me"

"You know when someone is hitting on you and when someone is just being friendly Elijah"

He nods, "true, but what happens if I make an embarrassment of myself by telling him I like him or something and it just turns out that he was leading me on without realising?"

"The only way you can find out is by telling him, if it does turn out to be false like you said, then try and create distance between you and him because otherwise all he will do with or without realising is hurt you"

Elijah gives me a faint smile, "thanks Cole"

I take a gulp of my tea and give him a small smile back, "anytime"

"So tell me about you and Ashley, you're like a love sick puppy in front of her"

Laughing I place my mug onto the coffee table, "I'm not 'lovesick', I just like her"