In Your Loving Arms (Shingen x reader)

Fandom: Ikémen Sengoku
Reader-insert: Female
Pairing: Shingen Takeda x reader
Genre: Romance
Warnings: None
Word Count: 920+
Song: Paul Anka - Put Your Head on My Shoulder

(a/n): This is what happens when I can't get a song out of my head.

         It had been a few days since Shingen was discharged from the hospital after his surgery. His recovery was going as smoothly as it could go, but he still needed to rest and take it easy.
          Shingen could not complain. In fact, he felt blessed by the Heavens above for having you looking after him and pampering him all day long was like a dream come true.
          "Ah, my lovely goddess, you're so good to me," he said in a gentle tone, lips quirking up into a beguiling smile.
          To say he was smitten with you would be an understatement. You were the most precious being to him and from the very moment he fell in love with you, he swore to treasure you, make you happy and treat you like the queen he knew you were for the rest of his short life. However, his destiny changed drastically —or rather you had changed his destiny. A couple of months ago, he was ready to leave everything behind when the time came, accepting the fact that his illness was quickly consuming the feeble, flickering flame of his lifespan. Not only had you, his goddess of love, given him back the hope he had long lost but also you had given him a chance to continue living among the people he most cherished. Shingen would forever be grateful to you for that and he expressed that gratitude every day by loving you selfishly and without restrains.
          Chuckling at his words, you wrapped one arm around his back and instructed him to lean some of his weight on you as you helped him up. Shingen groaned in mild pain. It was normal, it would take a while for the wound to fully heal.
          "Let's walk to the living room so you can rest on the sofa for a while," you told him once he was out of bed.
          "I'm fine, I'm fine. Besides, the doctor said I need to walk around the house for a bit," he reassured you, trying to soothe your worries. "Besides, I feel lonely without my goddess around, so I don't wish to lay in bed all day," he admitted, pursing his lips in a small pout.
          His honeyed words made your cheeks warm with a blush. Gently holding his large hand, you slowly guided him into the living room.
          "I'm in the mood for listening to some music," he spoke with a lilt.
          "What would you like to listen to?" You queried curiously.
          "Anything's fine, my love," he replied, letting go of your hand.
          During his stay in the future, Shingen had come to love modern music. He enjoyed the old, classic songs the most, especially if they were cheesy and soaking in romance.
          You sat down on the sofa and opened your laptop. Soon, you found one of his favourite songs. You hit play and let the soft melody harmoniously fill the room.
          "Ah, I love this song," he hummed contentedly. "Come here, (y/n)," he beckoned.
          You eagerly walked towards him, knowing exactly what he had in mind. Shingen extended his hand and you took it.

Put your head on my shoulder
Hold me in your arms, baby
Squeeze me oh-so-tight
Show me that you love me too

          His silvery eyes glistened with affection as he brought you close to him, wrapping an arm around your waist as you placed your free hand on his shoulder. The two of you stared into each other's eyes, swaying ever-so-slowly as the song rang in your ears.

Put your lips next to mine, dear
Won't you kiss me once, baby?
Just a kiss goodnight, maybe
You and I will fall in love (you and I will fall in love)

          You could stare into those sincere, silvery eyes of him for a lifetime, revelling into the sweet love story they were so keen to tell and getting lost in them forever.

People say that love's a game
A game you just can't win
If there's a way
I'll find it someday
And then this fool will rush in

          Love was, indeed, a game that Shingen was pleased to admit he had lost. If he was a fool, he was the luckiest fool of all. Nothing brought him more joy than to be in love with you, knowing that his love was reciprocated.

Put your head on my shoulder
Whisper in my ear, baby
Words I want to hear
Tell me, tell me that you love me too (tell me that you love me too)

          "I love you, Shin," you susurrated, standing on your tippy-toes to gingerly press your lips to his in a chaste kiss.
          The Tiger of Kai was completely lovestruck as it was visible in the way his lips curved up into an infatuated grin while his cheeks turned a soft, rosy hue. Carefully, he leaned down to capture your lips with his sugary ones. Like his never-ending love for you, his kiss was intense, passionate and tender.
          He pulled away from the kiss to whisper in your ear: "I love you like all the twinkling stars and the silvery moon love cloudless nights, my sweet (y/n)."
          Shingen embraced you with his strong and loving arms, carefully pulling you against his chest as if fearing you would disappear otherwise.
          The two of you stayed like that as the final verse of the song played on your laptop's speakers.

Words I want to hear, baby
Put your head on my shoulder
Whisper in my ear, baby