Chilly Mornings (Mitshide x reader)

Fandom: Ikemen Sengoku
Reader-insert: Female
Pairing: Mitsuhide Akechi x reader
Genre: Romance
Warnings: None
Word Count: 570

          Feeling Mitsuhide's slender, cold fingers gently brushing your dishevelled hair, stirred you from sleep on that chilly morning. Slowly, your eyes fluttered open and the first thing you saw was his fond smile and joy-filled, golden eyes.

          "You've got bedhead." He snickered, combing your hair with his dexterous fingers.

          Your brows knitted together as a small pout formed on your lips. "Your hair looks as bad as mine... probably." You mumbled, seeing his own tousled hair.

          "Heh... heheh... Ahahahaha!" His melodious and contagious laugh brought a content smile to your face. He seemed to be in good spirits. "Good morning, my lovely wife," he greeted, leaning down to press his warm lips on your forehead.

          "Morning~" you lilted, humming pleasantly at his affectionate touch.

          "You slept well last night," he noted, smiling broadly at you as he snaked one of his arms around your waist to pull your closer to his chest.

          Nuzzling into his chest, you took a deep breath, revelling into his musky scent and the welcoming heat radiating off his lean body. "I was dreaming of us spending the day together," you murmured drowsily.

          "Then let's make that dream a reality," he proposed. His sonorous voice was tender and soothing.

          You tilted you head to one side, staring at him with puzzled orbs. "Hm?"

          Mitsuhide shook his head playfully, holding a lock of your silken hair in between his digits. "Have you forgotten? I have the day off." He brought the lock of hair to his lips, giving it a light kiss.

          "Oh, that's right!" You beamed merrily, giving his jaw a fleeting, feather-light kiss.

          There was a glint of curiosity in the golden pools of his orbs as he gazed into your eyes. "What would you like to do, hm? Perhaps you'd like to go out for a ride, or would you like to walk through town together? Or, perhaps you'd rather stay in my arms for the rest of the day?" He inquired, tightening his hold around your body as he buried his nose in your honey-scented hair.

          "As much as I'd like that, I've got some business in town in the afternoon. But for now... staying in your arms sounds nice." You replied, basking in his warmth and affectionate ministrations.

          He let out a satisfied hum. "It does, doesn't it."

          Mitsuhide covered you with the blankets the moment you began shivering lightly in his strong arms.

          "Are you cold? I know exactly what to do to keep you warm." He let his sneaky fingers tickle your sides ever-so-softly.

          "Hahahahah... stop! Ahahahahah, please! I'm warm, I'm warm!"

          Your pleas and wails fell on deaf ears as your husband kept tickling you, showing you no mercy.

          "I'll stop if you promise to be a good girl and spend the day with me." He snickered, stopping his torturous actions.

          That was his exasperating way of asking you to let him go with you to town in the afternoon.

          "You can come with me! Just don't tickle me anymore," you whined much to his delight.

          "I'll be good... for now." He teased, flashing you a vixen grin.

          Cupping your cheeks in his large hands, he leaned in to press a loving kiss to your inviting lips.

          "I love you, little mouse," he susurrated, breath fanning your face, before claiming your lips once more in a lingering, passionate kiss.

          He thanked the Heavens every morning for having you in his life.