A Fitting Crown (Kennyo x reader)

Fandom: Ikemen Sengoku
Reader-insert: Female
Pairing: Kennyo x reader
Genre: Romance
Word Count: 847

You surveyed Kennyo with gentle eyes as he was sitting under the shadow cast by a cherry tree in the flower field that was located close to the temple. Mike, his cat, was taking a comfortable nap on his lap while enjoying his master's tender pets over its silky fur. A serene smile graced tugged at the corners of Kennyo's lips.
The soft breeze caressed the pearly-pink leaves and scattered them all around Kennyo. They hovered around him as they gradually fell to the ground, giving him the appearance of a deity worthy of being glorified. Although, there was something missing. A mere item that could contribute to the magnificent scene unfolding before your eyes, making it perfect.
With a simper gracing your lips, you collected some of the most wonderful flowers the field had to offer, and once you were done, you took a seat next to Kennyo and began crafting the divine item.
Kennyo did not seem to acknowledge your presence until he finished reading the last page of his book.
With inquisitive eyes, he inspected the object you were gingerly crafting after putting the book aside. "Whatever are you doing?" He queried.
"A flower crown," you beamed, grinning lightly. "Do you like it?" You raised the crown in your hands as soon as you finished working on it.
He nodded, admiring the beauty of the flowers. "The flowers you've chosen are very pretty."
"I'm glad you think that because this is for you," you declared, placing the object on top of his head without his approval.
Kennyo huffed, seemingly irritated by your act of boldness. "You're such a handful, young lady."
"And you're very, very good-looking. The flower crown accentuates your refined features, Kennyo. You look like a genuine celestial being, now." You stated proudly, praising his outstanding elegance. "Oh? Are you blushing?" You giggled, finding his bashful expression amusing.
"I'm not blushing." He scowled, cheeks turning a darker shade of pink.
You leaned forward, taking a closer look at his handsome face. "I think you are."
"Stop trying to get a better look at my face," He spoke in a gruff voice, furrowing his eyebrows as he placed his hands on your shoulders to push you away from him.
Mike, who had been awoken from his dream, leapt off Kennyo's lap and meowed, swaying his tail in irritation before leaving the two of you alone.
You struggled in Kennyo's grasp, giggling at his adorable rosy cheeks. "You are totally blushing."
"I am not," he insisted, growing more and more impatient by the second.
Pursing your lips in frustration, you complained, "You can't deny the obvious, Kennyo. Now, stop frowning so much and show me a smile, yes?"
"And why should I do that?" He questioned.
"Because you look absolutely gorgeous when you do." You lilted, peering affectionately into his eyes.
"Stop talking nonsense and get off me." He tried to push you away again but you did not let him. Instead, you sat on his lap.
"Not until you smile." It was you who frowned that time.
"Demons like me do not smile, I'm afraid." He said impassively.
Rolling your eyes at his stubbornness, you said, "Then, I'll give you a reason to smile." Placing both hands on his cheeks, you brought him in for a fleeting yet loving kiss.
"(y/n)..." He murmured against your lips.
"Yes?"
His breath fanned against your lips as he spoke, "You are a troublesome and fearless young lady."
It was difficult for Kennyo to understand how come you were capable of loving him so much. It seemed to him that your love for him was limitless and he was sure he did not deserve it.
You were smart and you knew him like the back of your hand so you quickly realised the true meaning behind his words. "I could never be scared of you, Kennyo. You're a kind man, honourable, wise and good at heart."
"Your concept of me is foolish." He narrowed his eyes at you, yet the gaze he gave you was one full of tenderness and love.
Shaking your head you replied, "Say what you will. But know this, I'd be a real fool not to see how wonderful you are, my love."
Kennyo placed his hand on the back of your neck and leaned forward, pressing his luscious lips against yours. His kiss was filled with affection and it tasted like honey and mint. When he pulled away from your lips, he stared deeply into your eyes as you studied him.
"What a fitting crown. You look unquestionably attractive," you mumbled in awe as you traced absentmindedly the scar on his face with delicate fingers.
Taking you by surprise, Kennyo swiftly enveloped you in his arms, stroking your hair comfortingly. Buring your face in the crook of his neck you mumbled knowingly, "You are smiling, aren't you?"
"I am not smiling." He denied fervently.
"Yeah, right." You chuckled softly.
Kennyo clicked his tongue, clearly not satisfied at how well you knew him. The joyous smile never vanished from his face, whatsoever.