Goddess of War (Mitsuhide x reader)

Fandom: Ikemen Sengoku
Reader-insert: Female
Pairing: Mitsuhide Akechi x reader
Genre: Romance
Warnings: None
Word Count: 300

          The moment you appeared on the battlefield, riding your horse like a Goddess of war, he was at a loss for words. You looked invincible, unstoppable, fierce and perfect.
Gracefully, you lifted your war fan, swaying it forwards as you yelled orders to the warriors under your command.
          Mitsuhide could not believe what his golden eyes were seeing. The sight of you wearing armour and commanding your troop onwards made a thrilling shiver run down his spine.
          "You look rather shocked to see me, Mitsuhide." You smirked as you urged your horse to a gentle trot towards him.
          Even though Mitsuhide had never seen you in action, he was well aware of how skilful of a warrior you were.
          "What a delightful surprise. I had not been informed you were joining me on this fine afternoon." A foxy, pleased grin crept across his face.
          "Life is so full of unpredictable beauty," you stated, surveying the vast field ahead of you with your brave eyes, "and pleasant surprises, Mitsuhide."
          Ignoring the feeling welling up in his chest when your gaze met his, he held firmly on the reins and replied: "I quite agree with you."
          "I'll be your sword and shield, today," you stated proudly.
          "I expect you will not disappoint me."
          "You needn't worry about that. Just make sure you don't shoot me by mistake."
          Your beguiling, cheeky grin and the fiery and courageous look in your eyes were so enthralling that he had to avert his gaze and force himself to focus on the battlefield to stop his heart from fluttering any further.
          Urging his horse forward and into the fray, he heaved a long sigh and smirked to himself. You were an interesting distraction and he was sure you would haunt his dreams later that night.