Chapter Nine- The Man In a Trench Coat

Dean just stared at me as we rode down in the elevator. He was going to follow me back to Elizabeth's where he would be staying with me. I still wasn't sure how I felt about the change. Georgette taking Jason out and replacing him with Dean? How was this going to work and him not be suspected of some sort of problems by following me around at school? What about the countless questions from the girls?

"Blake?" Dean's voice broke through my thoughts.

"Huh?" I asked, shaking my head and blinking to clear my thoughts.

"I asked if you drove here." He said slowly as if I was incapable of understanding him. I was definitely going to take this out on him when I make him partner with me. He was definitely not the type to fight well. I'll just have to remember not to go for his face today.

"Yes I drove here. Why?"

"I was going to see if you needed a ride. So I suppose that you'll be leading the way to the house and I'll follow," he shrugs.

"Yeah," I mumble and look out the window as we continue to descend in the elevator. I was glad I was not afraid of heights or I would be freaking out at the moment.

"Sounds like a good idea to me," he nods.

I don't respond to him so we ride the rest of the way down in complete silence. I wonder what exactly they were planning on doing with Jason. I really hope it's not all because of me! In all honesty, it wasn't completely my fault, he was the one making it increasingly difficult between all of us. The large elevator lurched to a halt and we had been the only ones on there so we departed together.

"Where did you park?" He asks, fishing for something in his pocket. By the sounds of it, he was finishing for his car keys.

"Over at the science centers lot." I make a motion behind me as I turn to walk that way.

"Me too, I'll walk you there myself," he jogs to my side.

"Oh, okay."

He was getting on my nerves. Was he going to be this overly... I don't know what to call it. I was definitely going to knock him down a peg or two. You don't want to get on my bad side... ever. After all, I was a highly trained and deadly assassin... even if I was only seventeen -almost eighteen- years old. I liked the fact I would always be able to protect myself, but I also didn't like the death I had caused in all my years of doing this.

"Are you okay?" He asks. Goodness this guy was annoying. Did he not know that if I wanted to be talked to I would do the talking? I obviously don't talk about my feelings.

"Perfectly fine," I nearly growled trying to get my message across. I don't want to talk with him or any single person I know!

"What's eating at you? I know that you're not fine," he pressed.

"Listen here Dean and listen close. If I wanted to talk, I would, but I don't. If you keep on pushing me, you're going to be sorry, I promise you that," I growl. Maybe that will get my point across.

"But-" I cut him short.

"I am deadly serious about you being sorry," I round on him.

"Okay. They warned me not to get on your bad side and now I can see why."

"You would do good to remember that then. I'm deadly if you hit me just right. I don't care if you're friend or foe, you will go down." That hopefully got my point across.

"Okay lady, no need to get violent!" He puts his hands up in an 'I surrender' type motion.

"If that's the only way to get my god damn point across, I will," I snarl. It took all of my willpower not to knock him out right now.