Chapter Four- She's Back

"Nan?" I croaked.

"Blake? Is that really you?" she moved towards me. "Why do you have those knives?"

I decided to ignore her question. "How'd you find me?"

"I was on a walk and I saw you leave the gates of the mansion. So it really is you?"

"Nan, where have you been?" I lowered my knives.

"Just got back from California. I've been working on movies and television show's. I finally got the chance to visit."

"Nan-" she interupted me.

"How are mom and dad? Dad still drinking?"

"Nan... you don't know?" My sister shook her head. "They're dead."

"What? When? How?" Tears ran down her face.

"About a year after you left for that acting college. Mom was working late and on her way home a drunk driver ran a red light. The truck hit mom's side of the car at sixty miles an hour and she was killed on impact. Then not even a month later dad consumed three times the legal limit of liquor and died of liver failure. Then I was brought in by a community of men and women. The upbringing was actually quite strange." If she only knew the half of it!

"That's terrible, Blake! Why didn't anyone contact me? Why didn't you say anything? I would have raised you if I knew, but I had no clue whatsoever," she gripped my upper arms firmly.

"You know... I never thought about that to be honest with you. I was seven Nan and you were eighteen, I didn't think to tell anyone I had a sister!" I shouted unintentionally.

"I can't say I blame you Blake. What do you say we go get something to eat?" she tugged on my arms.

"Sure. Where to?" I took a calming but shaky deep breath.

"How does Luna Park Cafe sound?"

"Sounds good. Do you have a car or do we need to catch a cab?" I asked.

"I have a car just down the block we can take."

"Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We sat and ate our order's of a BLT and fries with Coke's. All we did was talk and catch up. She was telling me all about her career as an actress and the movies she'd been in. I only told her the extreme edited version of my life. We talked for hours on end until her phone started buzzing wildly.

"Nan Reid... When?... Tonight? Why!?... I'll be there," she hung up her phone. "Blake I'm so sorry, but I have to be back to L.A. tonight so I'm leaving now. Will you be alright to pay a cab fee?"

"Yeah I'm good on money. It was nice seeing you again Nan, don't stay away as long this time," I gave her a small smile.

"Okay, but here's my number. I'm always here if you need someone to talk to. Don't forget that Blake," she handed me a card and exited the cafe. I decided to ask Jason to pick me up so I pulled out my iPhone.

Me: Hey Jason, it's Blake. Can you pick me up?

I anxiously waited for a response. He replied in record time.

Jason: Of course. Where are you?

Me: Uh, Luna Park Cafe...

Jason: What the fuck are you doing in Seattle?!

Me: Uh, I had some business to attend to

Jason: Business that should have involved me?

Me: No, business that pertained to me specifically

Jason: If it was with Georgette I highly doubt it

Me: So what if I did?

Jason: I would call you a fucking liar

Me: Why?

Jason: I'm given specific order's to be with you everywhere! She would have called to kill me for not being with you -_-

I didn't even bother to text back. Arguing with people just wasn't me, nor was talking to people. As the sounds of rain hitting the ground reach my ears, I turned to look out the cafe's window's and froze. Outside the window stood the man... and he was looking directly at me.

"Shit!" I muttered under my breath. He pulled open the door and headed for me with a smile that made my skin crawl. I withdrew my gun from my bag and hid it under the table.

"Ah Blake Reid. At last we meet!" He pulled out the chair directly across from me.

"Who are you and why have you been following me?" I growled.

"I'm the man who is going to kill you," he gave me a masochistic smile.

I withdrew my gun from its place under the table. It was pointed between his eyes and I took pleasure in the shock that was on his face. He had only gotten his gun halfway out. The staff was still unaware of me holding a gun to this man's head because they were all around back in the kitchen.

"Sorry, but that's just not going to happen," I said sweetly.

"In such a public place? How brazen of you," he challenged in a shaky voice.

"Yes, all the staff is in the back where they can't see us. Oh and if you didn't notice, there's a silencer on my gun. Say good-bye my dearie," I pulled the trigger and sent the bullet through his head.

I quickly left before the staff emerged. Two blocks away I made a call to Jason who didn't answer the first few times I called. About the sixth time he answered. "Where are you Jason?"

"About four blocks away. Why?" He asked alarmed.

"Meet me two blocks away from the cafe, near the science center," my voice had a hardness that wasn't to be argued with.

"Okay." I was breathing hard when he finally pulled up. "Holly shit you look horrible, Blake!"

"Shut the fuck up and drive," I growled. Another death on my hands and it was in such a public place. The most public I had ever done. I buried my head in my hands and noticed the slight blood splatter on my arm. Just great! That's fucking nasty! With an angry sigh, I looked out the window as the rain fell in heavy sheets. Pretty fitting weather for what I had just done. Fitting weather for my whole life as well.

------------------------

A/N: Sorry this took so long. Recent health issues have put my writing at bay, but I've finally updated! I hope to update again soon. Hope you enjoyed this chapter *crosses fingers*. Comment what you thought and what you think should happen next! Below is the facebook page for Ragged Girl. If you like this story, like the page!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ragged-Girl/339822709431720