Chapter Eighteen- Could I...?

"Blake, where are you?" Regina's groggy voice reached me in the kitchen. Luckily I had gotten hungry and was looking for food.

"In the kitchen. I'm hungry, I need food." Things clatter in the refrigerator as I move, shoving them around. My stomach makes a grumble and I hear feet shuffle behind me followed by a long, drawn out yawn.

"Just don't break anything. God Blake, how hungry are you?" She softly giggled.

"I've got the appetite of a guy so I'm ravenous." She outright laughs at that.

"I guess you have a point." Then she sighs wistfully. "Oh Blake, I wish that I could eat like you and keep my figure."

This time it was my turn to laugh. "I eat a lot sure, but I work out even more. The food replenishes me. You need a healthy balance."

"I'm too lazy to want to work off all that food though." She whines. Oh no, more whining. Yay!

I finally decide on a few cold cut sandwiches and some water and Regina talks my ear off. When I finish though, I'm in desperate need of sleep and tell her as much.

She gives me something to change into and I finally lay down. It doesn't take long before sleep reaches it's warm, soothing hand out and claims me.

~*~*~*~*

The early morning sun beats down on my eyelids and the warmth bathes my face. I turn away from it, knowing it would be painful to open my eyes in that light. I pull my eyes open and see I had only slept for about four hours. Despite that, my body felt alive and refreshed. I stretched and looked at Regina, who was hanging off the couch practically, drool hanging from the side of her mouth, pooling below her.

I grab my phone hearing it buzz. Dean, Elizabeth, Seth, and Kyle. I had missed calls and texts from all of them. Dean was probably pissed I didn't come home and Elizabeth was probably just worried. Now Seth and Kyle... that's a mystery. If it had just been Seth I might have had some idea, but now I didn't. I really needed to leave and call three of them back. One didn't have enough of my respect to get a call.

I change quickly and quietly, being sure that I don't wake Regina. I really don't want that.

Once I was out the door I had to decide who to call first. Seth, Kyle, or Elizabeth. After a moment's pause I decide that I should call Seth first and Elizabeth last, just in case I couldn't come back home.

"She finally calls!" Seth jokes.

"I was busy getting some sleep after being with Regina. Unless you wanted to be up for over eighteen hours, deal with an emotional girl, and then get four hours of sleep I don't want your input." My voice wasn't being snippy, but it wasn't completely light either.

"Okay, fair point." He mumbles. "But anyway, I was only calling to see if you could get out tonight."

"Of course. Who are you talking to? He won't stop me. I know Elizabeth worries, but she knows the type of person I am and how well I can handle myself." I pause. "Oh you wouldn't happen to know why Kyle called would you?"

"He wants to see the car."

"Five missed calls and a 'Call me back this is urgent.' for that?" My voice incredulous.

"Mm hmm. It's Kyle, what do you expect?" Seth chuckled.

"Will he be there tonight?"

"All three of us will," he confirmed.

"Then he can see it then. No point in wasting a phone call. Besides, I have to make another one before I'm in major trouble. Awful funny how this is for the case yet no one wants me to do anything."