Chapter Seven- Meeting The Targets

To say the next two months were awkward is an understatement. Jason and I rarely talked anymore. School was the only exception to that though. We obviously had to at some points, but we mainly avoided each other. It wasn't that I was in any way avoiding him; because I wasn't. In fact it was actually the other way around.

On the bright side, I focused a great deal of my time getting closer to Regina. It was definitely working out really well for me. I had become closer to her than the other girls were, which I thought odd because they'd known each other years and she had just met me two months ago.

Another change was with my sister. We talked every single day. Any time she was able to go out away from shooting her latest movie, she'd fly up and visit. She continuiously apologized for not contacting and being there for me. She felt really guilty about everything. Probably more so because she knew how our dad was and how mom worked almost every hour of the day. I could tell that she knew my upbringing had been extremely odd by the way she studied me. She never asked much about it but I knew she was burning to. The look in her eyes told me how strange she found me.

"Blake?" Regina's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I blinked to refocus on her.

"Is this a good dress for tonight? I need to look my best! My parents will be back in an hour from their trip and the help is already setting up everything for tonight's events," Regina stated.

I looked down to the dress she was holding in her hands. It was actually really gorgeous. It was black and gold. It was gold with a sheer black material over it and that was about all I could say. In all honesty, I was terrible at accurately describing any dress. It was gorgeous simply put and that was coming from me! I'm sure to others it would be simply indescribable, but I'm most certainly not others.

"Regina, that is the perfect dress for tonight! If you don't get it, then I will," I added, knowing she'd constantly be asking if I was sure. Once I had said that her mind was set; she was getting the dress so that I wouldn't. That's just how she worked, I had discovered this on the many shopping trips we had gone on together. All I had to say was thank god that the 'agency' provided me with a lot of cash for this assignment because of Regina's profile. Of course that wasn't my pay in the end. Whatever was used on an assignment was included in the necessity to complete it, therefore money didn't come out of my paycheck.

"Good!" She squealed. After a few seconds her face became deadly serious. "Now, we find a dress for you! Obviously, you're coming with!"

Oh no, I don't think I was going to like this... "Um, I don't need one. I got a dress last week for the dance, remember?" I tried, but was sure it wasn't going to work.

"But you already wore it!" She whined. "This dress is going to be ten times sexier than that one. All I'm asking is that you trust my judgement in picking out a perfectly superb dress for tonight. You know I wouldn't want you to go looking like and idiot with me... to any party actually."

"Fine," I sigh. "You know how to pick an awesome dress and I... well I totally suck at it." I laughed in my usual nervous and awkward laugh.

She squealed and clapped in excitement. "Good! Now time to let the pro do her job."

~*~*~*~*

"Blake, you look fine! Now get your ass out of my bathroom so I can do your hair and make-up!" Regina commanded from just on the other side of the bathroom door. I guess I truly never will be able to feel comfortable in such clothing. I was just awkward in every which way possible. Were was Nan at all those years ago? At the same time, I wouldn't have wanted her to give up her dream all because of some unwanted responsibility being thrust upon her.