Chapter Eleven- They Don't Call Me The Best For Nothing

Tossing and turning was all that I did when I tried to catch some sleep. Was it because of the letter? Trench coat guy? Dean? The men in black? It was all just a lot to think about within the time span of one -almost two- hours. My system was seemingly out of whack today.

When dinner was finished, I ate in my room. My mind was racing too much to even comprehend was anyone else was saying. Carl's, and sometimes Seth's, voice was all that I could hear... seriously. I think I have a one track mind at the moment.

Okay, I need a phone book.

"Elizabeth." I open my door and shout, hoping that she hears me.

"Yes dear?" She sounds closer than I thought.

"Where is the phone book?" I look down one side of the hall and then the other. She was putting some linens into the linen closet.

"It should be downstairs by the front door in the stand." She straightens her shirt and motions me toward the stairs. "I'll show you where."

I grab my phone and follow her down the wide stairs. My head was throbbing. Maybe I should grab some aspirin from the medicine cabinet in the kitchen. She descends the stair case so gracefully that I wondered if she used to be a dancer. I was lithe too, but for a completely different reason.

We reached the bottom of the stairs and we quickly made our way to the stand. She pulls open the drawer and removes a thick, red phone book. Perfect! Using her hip to close it, she hands over the book.

"There you are." She smiles. Why does this woman always smile? I don't see what there is to smile about in this twisted world.

"Thank you Elizabeth." She waved her hand and walked off towards the laundry room.

Opening the book, my agile eyes scan the yellow pages. My finger lands on what I want. I grab my purse and check to make sure I have money. Rushing to the kitchen I find the aspirin and take three. With stealth, I sneak out.

Dean, as the guy who is supposed to over see me, was supposed to know where I went and if it wasn't he was supposed to follow me. What I had in mind at the moment might not be good for Dean's health... or life.

My gun in tow, I sneak to my car. The engine purred to life and I made a clean get away. It was just after six and the place I was going didn't close until eleven. All I was praying for was that it wasn't busy. If the roads on the way there was any indicator, then it wouldn't be.

For the deserted location, the place seemed extremely nice and well kept. The spacious lot was empty. I grab my permit and proof of identification. It wasn't my real ID since I had to be eighteen for this and it didn't have my true identification on it either. I had too many ID's and permits all because of my 'job'.

Locking the car, I glanced around my surroundings for any foreseeable threats. When I was satisfied, I continued towards the building. This will be so much fun.

Pulling the door open, I'm met with the sight of a bickering twenty something year old couple. It immediately stopped with the ding of the door.

"Hello young lady, have you gotten lost? I can try and help as much as I can," the man offered, moving from behind the counter.

"No sir, I'm here for some rounds." He looks at me oddly.

"You must be confused sweetie," the woman says this time.

"No, I'm in the right place." I hand him the permit and the license saying I'm nineteen.

"What's a girl like you doing here for that?" Both the woman and the man ask.