Chapter Fifteen- The Pink Door

"Miss Reid, where do you think you're going?" Dean’s voice penetrates my conversation with Kyle. 

  "To my next class." My tone is bitter and my expression blank of the small smile that had just colored my features.

  "I thought I told you to see me after class," he says through gritted teeth and arches an eyebrow.

  "Fine!" I look at Kyle and mouth 'wait for me'. He glances at Dean and leaves.

  "What the fuck is your problem Blake?" He shouts as soon as the door closed.

  "I have an issue with everything today! You realize how enraged I am?" I try and refrain from yelling.

  "That's right, you’re a girl and you get moody." He turns away from me to head for the door.

  Quicker than thought possible, my knife is no longer by my side but stuck in the wood of the door. It had only missed Dean by mere inches. "Don't talk to me like that, got it?" I growl.

  He turns slowly to face me. A mixture of shock and anger cover his face. His jaw clenches as he fights what he wants to say. Instead, he settles for hitting me. Well at least he tried to hit me, but I saw him coming way too easily. I dodge it, grab that hand, twist it behind his back, and slam him down on his desk. A few things scatter down, but it's not my concern. 

  "Better rethink how you treat me. You're only here to watch over me and you do a shit job. I can get you off of this not the other way around. So next move you try, one of two things will happen. One, I'll have you taken off or two, you'll be hauled off... on a stretcher," I whisper the last thing into his ear threateningly. With that, I push off of him and walk to pull my knife from the door. "Oh, I have something I have to take care of after school today m'kay?"

  I don't wait for his reply before I walk out, replacing the knife.

  Outside, Kyle is waiting for me. "What do you say we skip our last class? I'll ring Carl and have him meet us outside." 

  Making my way out of the school, I pull out my phone and dial his number. "Carl."

  "The bell hasn't rang yet so you and Seth come outside and meet us by our cars. Sound okay to you? Kyle is already out here with me." 

  "We'll be right out."

  I close my phone and unlock my car to start it. Kyle being Kyle just had to open his big mouth.

  "I thought it was just going to be you and me," he says in a pouty tone.

  "What gave you that impression?" I raise my eyebrow.

  "Your note said I was in for the ride of my life after school."

  "What do you think we're doing? We're going for a ride. I tend to go a bit fast when there isn't any traffic. Besides, where we're going, there definitely won't be traffic," I say with a smirk. 

  "Oh god, you're going to kill us in an empty field aren't you?" He gasps.

  "I wish!" I laugh.

  "That really hurts our feelings," Carl says, coming up to me like he's about to hug me.

  "I might re-think that if I were you." I warn, reaching for my knife. 

  "Awe don't be like that, it's just a hug," all three chorused. They all advance, arms wide open.

  "I still say no. Personal space is not to be invaded." I say holding my knife out.

  They groan and drop their arms. I merely raise my eyebrows. I've never had so many whiny boys around me. Are all teenage boys driven by their hormones or something?