08 | Fallen

────✧ ⋆ ✧────

────✧ ⋆ ✧────

 Dreaming of your soulmate can be a sign that you're about to meet them in your real life. If you have already met them, then these dreams are a message from your subconscious.

Yoongi rubs his eyes, blinking at the screen. It doesn't make sense. What message is his subconscious sending him? That he should stop sleeping because every time he does, he dreams of a person he shouldn't even think about.

It's his friend's— almost a brother's— girlfriend for fuck's sake. It scares him, every time Hayoung appears to be smiling in his sleep, waking him up immediately.  It has become a living nightmare for him and he doesn't understand it.

How can Hayoung be his soulmate? They have met each other years back and nothing happened but now he is having these dreams that don't make sense. It is so sudden— he first realised when he had fallen asleep in his studio and Namjoon had called him to tell him about Taehyung's soulmate.

He wasn't even able to focus on what his friend was saying on the phone, images in his mind flashing, again and again, making him confused.  They have never even talked to each other if not for something related to Jin, then why has he been hearing her voice or even her face in his sleep?

It was a fairytale. She was looking like a princess singing in the garden, collecting different flowers in her tiny basket. Yoongi had panicked, couldn't even meet Jin's eyes after. But then it happened again. He was at the dorm when he had fallen asleep while watching a movie. She was running along the beach, laughing and splashing water on someone else. Someone else he couldn't see but he knows who it might be. 

His assumptions were confirmed when Hayoung spoke. It was the first time he heard her voice in his sleep. 

Jin, I love you.

That had woken him up in heavy sweat. Her voice scared him, jerking him awake thereafter he tried to sleep. He is in his studio again, reading about the soulmate dreams. He has a diary by his side, where he notes down every dream he has seen about her. Five dreams, in all of which she's happy...but with Jin.

It makes him feel like he's prying in their space, seeing things he should never. He sighs and turns around his chair in the studio to close his eyes for a few moments to rest them. He already had been facing problems in sleeping, his doctor had asked him to eat better, live a better lifestyle. He tried but he just can't help it.

He doesn't even realise drifting in his dreamland until he sees her again.

A bright moon hangs from the sky as two silhouettes sit side by side to each other. One of them is laughing, leaning into the other's silhouette escapes from one of them and Yoongi, even his unconscious state feels his fear rise. How the fuck does he recognise her just from her silhouette? Just from her voice.