⸙ Epilogue | Unbonded

────✧ ⋆ ✧────

────✧ ⋆ ✧────

"You look exactly how Escultura de Papel at our college campus looks like."

"What? Escul— what does it mean? Hey! Arin!"

And Escultura de Papel is a project by a first-year intern student where he's made a paper sculpture of a musician surrounded by crumples of papers. Yoongi googled it and he huffs, rolling his eyes at her.

He looks around his room, it's just a bunch of paper crumps, not even that much to make a fuss out of it. But it's Arin, she makes a fuss out of the smallest things. Last night when they were talking about pets, she made a fuss over him not buying himself a cat. 

"Bam looks like Jungkook, so you should buy something that looks like you."

"Enough with the cat jokes!" Namjoon had scolded her and proceeded to post a picture on Instagram with the caption 'Finding Yoongi'.

Well, it's Arin, so it's just a few days more before a cat arrives in the dorm. 

It is not until his stomach grumbles that he walks out of the room and fetches himself a few snacks. He peeks into Jungkook's room and finds his bed empty. He sighs, the boy needs to start sleeping at home if he doesn't want his back in pain at age of thirty.

He thinks he can understand him the best, seeing a soulmate go is not easy. He knows.

He steps out of the dorm to get some fresh air and realises that it's already late at night. The city lights have dimmed, telling him that the world has slept into dreamland with each to their own. 

His phone vibrates in his pocket and he takes it out to read the text.  

Hayoung:  The deal's done, you got the first floor. Congo ^^

He smiles, stuffing the phone back in his pant's pocket. He had always wanted to get some of his artworks up for an exhibition and with Hayoung's help, he finally gets to do that. He wanted it to be anonymous, didn't want his name to be joined to it so that people can genuinely enjoy or dislike it. Hayoung had liked the idea, immediately agreed to get him on board.

Every soul has a twin, a reflection of themselves. 

That's what Yoongi thinks they were, Hayoung and him. The more he thought about her, the more he realised how similar they are. The urges stopped the moment the parent network was broken but the next day, Yoongi realised he had started caring for her regardless.

They weren't together, they weren't meant to be. He shouldn't feel so.

His guilt didn't die anytime soon, facing Jin had become an issue—even more so when the elder started creating a distance himself. In unspoken ways, Jin just seemed to move away from him. Hayoung hasn't heard from him either and Yoongi has heard her voice cracking often, worried that Jin has actually broken up with her.

When he reaches the edge of the hill, from where you could see the whole city at once, his phone rings. "Why are you awake at this time, mom?" he asks, answering the call. "Ah, I know it's just 12 but you should sleep early."

He rolls his eyes when his mom tells him the same thing. "I will I will, you know how it gets with comeback coming closer."

He leans on the railing, sighing, "What makes you think I am not okay? I am okay, of course."

Ofcourse, mothers know everything without having the need to tell them,

"Everyone else's okay too."

He is surprised when she asks him about Hoseok's soulmate. "You know about his soulmate?" he laughs, "You know about everyone meeting their soulmate? Did Hobi's mom tell you?"

He starts walking around, some people have made this their personal padlock area. He can see some locks attached to the railing with people's initials and hearts. "Yes, Jungkook's soulmate...her name is Yerin."

"Yes, she will be back soon, we know. Jungkook is a little worried but he knows it too, mom." He smiles sadly, knowing that his mother adores the youngest and probably knows that he wouldn't have been very happy right now. " She is older but our Jungkook-ie takes good care of her."

She asks about other's too and Yoongi happily tells them. He tells her about Soo-ah and his mother sounds doubtful when Yoongi says she's already married and have kids. "That's alright mom, Jin Hyung might find someone else too who loves him. Does he need to be with his soulmate? It's 2021."

He shakes his head when his mother goes on about how youngsters have no regard for soulmate traditions, starts playing with a loose hook on the railing, bored. He freezes when his mother asks him about his soulmate.

"I would tell you if I met my soulmate, wouldn't I?" he bites his lower lip, sighing. His mother changes the topic to her conversation with Hobi's mom and he spots a particular padlock.

J 💜 H

He smiles. 

"She loves Jimin and Tae so much, doesn't she? It makes sense for her to talk about them more than Hobi."

"Hobi was jealous?" Yoongi laughs a little at that. "Sounds like him."

"Yes, mom, everyone is happy."

He is.

His soulmate was someone who was never meant to be with him. It was a losing game before he even started. Why should he dwell over it?

He cannot get past it now, but maybe he will in the coming days. All he needs is time, time is important to go through such things. He's been there, running to overtake the passing time, but now he knows he just has to walk with it, go with the flow as they say.

"What do you mean you did not like my hair colour?" he furrows his eyebrows. "Mom, I did it for the comeback now...no my hair is fine, they were just a few highlights,"

"Jimin's hair? His hair is fine too...those were fake, doesn't matter if there were too many colours."

"Namjoon is not overworking, he is in fact a little freer nowadays."

Mothers worry too much.

His phone buzzes in his hand and he briefly takes a glance at his screen.

Jin: Up for fishing this weekend?

His heart feels lighter.

"Ah— no, no I am not doing anything, I am listening to you...so you cooked all the three meals for dad today, did he not like it?"

He is happy indeed. Plot twists come in life every now and then. You get shaken even if you expected them and even when you don't.

Soulmates. He used to believe they come once in life and shake you up. Soulmates. He used to believe the universe fights to keep them together.

But now.

Soulmates are more than just lovers. Soulmates are the ones for whom no one has to fight to keep them forever.

"No, don't send Kimchi, we still have two boxes you sent last time."

"Alright alright, I will not colour my hair anymore, okay?"

────✧ ⋆ ✧────