10 | Emotions unchecked

────✧ ⋆ ✧────

────✧ ⋆ ✧────

"I'm sorry, it's all my fault," Naeun sobs, her body shaking aggressively. "Please forgive me."

"Forgive you?" Kang tilts his head, scoffing.

"I am really, really sorry," she chokes and falls on the floor, her makeup getting smudged from the tears that are constantly pouring down her cheeks.

"If you want to apologise, at least look towards the person and speak. How dare you apologise without even looking at me?" Kang crosses his arms in front of his chest before crouching down beside her. Naeun slowly turns towards Kang, mouth quivering as her hair sticks to her wet cheeks. Her eyes meet his almond ones, she is supposed to cry more...convince him but...she feels like laughing. She tries not to submit to the urge to laugh but fails.

She doesn't want to cry anymore, her heart is beaming with happiness.

So she laughs.

"Cut, cut, cut," the director shouts. Kang scoffs, standing up and looking at everyone in disbelief. "Did...you just...laugh on my face?"

To everyone's shock, Naeun just keeps laughing

"Do... I look...that funny?" Kang grits his teeth with every word, fists clenching. The director sighs, "Let's take a break. Mr Kang, please get some rest."

"Why do you cast such people director? Good for nothing?" Kang yells, turning swiftly walk out of the room. No one has ever insulted him in such a manner, his patience is running thin to stay in the same room.  The director sighs and looks at Naeun who has finally calmed down from her laughing fit.

"What is wrong with you Naeun?" the director says. "Don't you know that rookie shouldn't make such mistakes! If you mess with a senior, especially someone like Kang, he would ruin your career with his connections. You should stay focused." 

"I'm sorry Sir, I—" Naeun says, feeling tears brim her eyes.

"No, Naeun no! If you cannot take your work sincerely, no need to trouble others with your presence." The director turns around to walk away when Naeun holds his arm, pleading.

"Give me one more chance, Sir. I don't know why I lost control—"

"Not with your funny excuses again," the director groans, "No wonder directors don't want to cast you, fame has gotten into your head. I was kind enough to let you take part in my film but you take everything for granted! Being pretty doesn't make you an actress!"

Naeun stands there with clenched fists, watching the director's retreating figure and then closes her eyes to stop her tears from rolling down. 'It's not your mistake, it's not your mistake, it's not your mistake' she reminds herself. No one comes to console her, or comfort her...maybe they think I am a crazy person.