16 | An Arin a day

────✧ ⋆ ✧────

────✧ ⋆ ✧────

Eunbee wakes up at the sound of the television. 

She squints her eyes open to see Taehyung sitting at the edge of the bed and the television lit in front of him. Maybe he sensed her stirring because he looks over his shoulder. Eunbee immediately closes her eyes, pretending to sleep.

I'm sorry, I will try to be quiet. His voice is heard.

She opens one eye to see him scrolling the television, with mute volume.

Life has been monotonous for her. She wakes up when Taehyung slightly shakes her every morning before walking to the bathroom to brush his teeth. She meanwhile chooses a pair of clothes for the day from the cupboard and waits for him to finish his morning routine.

She brushes her teeth and bathes meanwhile Taehyung is scrolling through his phone or news just outside the bathroom. They try to be not very far away because of the string. They have breakfast together, but not a word is exchanged between them. Eunbee tries to drown herself in work as much as possible so that there's no scope of initiating a conversation either.

It hurts Taehyung a lot too.

Maybe if there were no strings, the distance between us wouldn't have mattered, living together would have been better...there's no way to know.

. . .

Taehyung clutches his pouch to his chest and walks outside. The teacher clearly said that no one would be allowed to share any stationery and he has misplaced his eraser while playing. So he needs to buy it or at least borrow from someone before the teacher arrives.

He runs out of his class, towards the canteen and is greeted with an empty one. He hisses and groans, feeling irritated about having no one to help him. Did no one try to bunk their class today?  He walks out, defeated and ready to be scolded when he bumps into a girl.

He fairly recognises her from the different gatherings he has been with his mom. 'Was her name Beebee...or something?' he thinks.

He is about to apologise when he spots something in her hands. "Are those erasers?" he asks. The girl looks at him, confused. "Can you give one to me? I really need one for my test!"

The girl seems to think before she takes one out, "It's a special kind though. It even smells sweet."

Taehyung sniffs, agreeeing. "So?"

"So you'll have to pay me."

Taehyung rolls his eyes and says,"How much does one eraser cost?" he points at the erasers in her hand. The girl smirks and whispers the cost in his ear. His knees grow weak when he hears it.