24 | A foreign feeling

────✧ ⋆ ✧────

────✧ ⋆ ✧────

"Is there a problem?" Yerin asks. 

"What makes you think so that I do?" Hayoung says, raising an eyebrow. Yerin scoffs, "Don't think I didn't notice you staring at me. You have been, ever since you have come here."

The rest of them in the room look up at them, standing face to face. Hayoung was as tall as Yerin, but she still looked small in front of her, thanks to the Yerin's army built.

The contrast was worth noting. Hayoung stood there with her perfectly styled hair, designer clothes properly fit around her hips to accentuate the dip and nails freshly painted with bright colours complimenting her dress whereas Yerin, who was slightly tanned after working continuously under the sun, wore relatively casual clothes and hair parted one side to cover her cheek.

"Well, I was just making sure that you don't cross boundaries you aren't supposed to," Hayoung says, shrugging. "You have a soulmate, wouldn't want you to be over other men then. Our Jungkookie has everything."

Yerin looks at her, taken aback and puzzled. But before she could say anything, Hayoung interrupts, "Oh please don't make that face. You look exactly like a thief who claims they are innocent after hiding what they have stolen."

"I really do not understand what you mean," Yerin says. Hayoung scoffs but turns behind to sit on the couch with her leg over the other. Eunbee, Era and Naeun back away, not willing to participate in the conversation. Arin just stares.

"You are really playing innocent here huh?" Hayoung shakes her head. Yerin sighs. She has no idea where this conversation would lead to. Hayoung's dislike towards everyone is clearly visible, is it any use to argue with her? She's about to ignore her when Arin speaks up.

"And you are playing mean girls here, huh?"

Era widens her eyes and shakes her head vigorously to stop Arin from meddling in between them. But Hayoung's already seemed to have shifted her target. "I am not talking to you so you do not need to interrupt the adults."

"You talk like my grandmother," Arin laughs. "I remind her too, that I have a driver's license and have voted as the citizen of my country— that makes me, very much, an Adult."

Hayoung blows a kiss in the air, shaking her head. "Does the little one think turning nineteen is being an adult, now?"

Era breathes, trying to calm down. Arin steps forward, leaning down to make Hayoung sink in her seat, "Whatever being an adult might be, I am sure it is not what you're doing." and she stands up straight, leaning back.

Hayoung scoffs, "Oh, then is it what your sister does? Steal people's things and even have the nerve to use them?"

Arin lunges at her, fisting the collars of Hayoung's dress, making Naeun shriek. "You don't get to involve my sister in this!"