31 | Scene stealer

────✧ ⋆ ✧────

────✧ ⋆ ✧────

Arin's not home. College camp. An excuse to run away, that's fine.

But she's not taken the string with her. It's for the first time she's left it behind.

Era stares at the glowing item placed on the table while Jimin's words ring in her head. Is the string something beyond what they think it is? She hesitates, considers not doing it but curiosity gets the best of her and she does. She picks it up.

There is an instant shift in the air.

The next moment she just knows. She knows that their neighbour's soulmate is a boy named Alex. Their has a soulmate which is a Dobermann. She just knows.

She also knows that this is exactly what Jimin was talking about.

Why would Arin not tell her or anyone about it? Why would she try to hide it? She keeps the string in her bag and goes to work. There is an event coming up in the Unmyeong Museum which she has to help organise. She thinks she can help Taehyung or Eunbee in some way at least.

Namjoon said they'll go to the headquarters tonight and she hopes they find something that could be of help. She's seen the desperation in Eunbee's eyes, it hurts her heart.

The meeting discussion is at her office, one of the workers will come and brief her about the event. The afternoon is spent just like that. She gets closer to the worker, finds out they have gone to the same college and exchanges numbers.

It happens when she's placing her phone back in her bag, Era's hand skims past the string.

And she realises something.

That's how they end up in the Bangtan dorm, with Soo-ah, the worker Era had met for the meeting, also Jin's soulmate.

"I didn't believe it when Era said that she knows who my soulmate is, she's a little genius isn't she?" Soo-ah says. She has a baby closely held in her chest who is busy playing with Taehyung's finger. He loves babies, Eunbee finds it endearing.

Era licks her lips. She didn't tell Soo-ah about the string yet. What if it makes Arin fall into trouble? The members give a knowing look to her.

Jin shakes his head, "I didn't even realise it's you. I mean you are married and have two kids so—"

"How do you two know each other?" Era asks.

"I sold my apartment recently, to her," Jin says, smiling at Soo-ah. "We met for the first time today morning, to sign the agreement."

Soo-ah nods then look at the members looking anxiously at them. Hayoung's there too, she came as soon as she got the news of Jin's soulmate. "I won't take much of your time, I know it's almost midnight...I just came here to thank you."

Jin is taken aback because he was prepared for an intense and worrisome conversation but not a thank you.

"Thank you for meeting me, I can't be more grateful to you," Soo-ah says, feeling a little embarrassed about it. "To be honest, I was often worried that I would remain as a PenPal and with an immortal bond, it is the worst. It becomes sad and lonely."