Chapter 9

A/N Sorry It's taken me so long to update, but thanks to everyone who has read, voted and commented on this story. I was starting to lose inspiration but everyone who commented for me to continue gave me hope that I will finish this for you guys. Hope you all enjoy what's to come, and thanks for the encouragement. 

Y/N POV

I arrived at the brewery early to open up, it was almost always me who unlocked all the doors. Stepping into the lobby a cold breeze swept through the building and footsteps echoed through the building. The creaking of ancient floorboards sending a shiver down my spine. Of their own accord my feet carried me to the basement doors, there was laughing coming from the bottom of the stairs. 

"Come down."  something whispered. My eyes widened with fear, the hair on my arms standing on end. I slowly creeped down the stairs, the air around me growing colder with each step. As I reached the bottom I saw bright red eyes staring at me from the corner. I tried to move but my feet were glued to the spot. The basement door slammed shut and wind whipped around me sending my hair in all directions. Gradually the eyes moved closer and closer, my breathing sped up. Black formed in the corners of my vision, I grew drowsy as the eyes circled me. I suddenly found myself falling, hitting the concrete floor. The wind stopped, and the red eyes retreated into the shadows. My vision grew blurry, and I collapsed, my body unable to hold my weight any longer.  Darkness surrounded me as I slipped into unconsciousness. 

"Y/N!" A voice called, it seemed distant. Groaning, I peeled my eyes open and glanced around. I was still in the basement. Slowly I pulled myself to my feet and stumbled up the stairs and into the lobby. There was a group waiting for a tour and Jerry pacing around angrily. Raising a hand to my head I walked over to him.

"Hey Jerry." 

"Where the hell have you been? You were supposed to be here half an hour ago!" Jerry yelled.

My brows furrowed in confusion, half an hour? Surely I hadn't been out for that long. Completely ignoring him I trudged my way outside and leant against my car. What the hell had happened. 

The last thing I remember was the red eyes getting closer and closer. The main doors swung open, Jerry marching out towards me.

"What do you think you're doing? Get your arse up off the floor get in there and do your job." He ordered, grabbing my arm and yanking me to my feet. Reluctantly I walked back into the building and carried on with my day. No matter what I did I couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong.

By the end of the day, even the slightest sound would startle me. A door shutting, someone laughing, someone dropping something made me jump. I was glad to get out of the brewery and just wanted to get back home and go to bed. I have a long day tomorrow and need all the sleep I can get.