Chapter 14

I told Hobi all about what happened as he raced me to the hospital. I could see his mind flicker to Tae as I described how I had to wash Jungkook's blood from my body after cradling his tiny head.

I'm not sure Hobi would survive if anything happened to that little firecracker and I could almost see his well up at the image of it being Tae instead of Kookie before pulling himself back together.

I stared out the window at the houses racing past. I felt like I was still but the whole world was running around me. We quickly pulled into the hospital's parking lot. "Do you want me to come in with you?"

As much as I did want him with me I didn't know how long we would be here and he clearly was somewhere he needed to be.

"No I'm fine, I'll text you when I know anything." I gave him a quick hug before rushing into the main entrance.

I hated hospitals.

I'd spent so much time in them with mum while she was ill I had started to consider them a second home at one point but now the smell of bleach and hospital food made me want to gag.

I approached the front desk where a large red headed woman sat, she smiled at me with no concern for the lipstick on her teeth.

"Can you tell me where Kim Jungkook is please, he was brought in earlier by ambulance." The woman looked me up and down before asking "Are you his family?"

"Yes, I'm his brother." The words. escapes me before I really had time  to think about them. The woman stared for a moment before turning to the computer screen in front her.

I reached into my backpack as she typed and grabbed the hoodie from the bottom. "He's still having investigations done dear. If you take the third turning on the left and follow it to the end then one of the girls there should be able to paint you in the right direction."

She gave me a sympathetic smile. I really fucking hate this place and it's fake-nice patronising bullshit. I got down the hall before I dropped my bag to the floor and put on the hoodie. As I zipped it up I was overcome with the intoxicating scent of Namjoon. I whipped around expecting to see him but there was no one. It was then I realised in my haste to get here I had grabbed the hoodie Namjoon had given me after the attack. The one I was supposed to give back to him but hid instead. Fuck.

I grabbed my bag from the floor and tried to ignore my overwhelmed senses. I got to the bottom of the hall and went to the desk.

"Seokjin?" Aera's usually sickly sweet voice sounded so pained I barely recognised it. I took in her dishevelled appearance. Her usually perfect hair was thick with grease from her running her hands through it so much. She was so red and blotchy her face seemed swollen. Her usually perfectly ironed cream dress was now littered with marks and stains. She was trying to work the coffee machine and failing miserably.

"Let me do it." I said as I took the coffee cup from her hands. She sat down in the chair and rested her head in her folded arms.

I set the machine to make her a deep dark black coffee, tonight was going to be a long one and she was going to need it.

"How is he?" I asked, unsure I wanted the answer.

"He woke up in the ambulance. He was actually more concerned about losing Namjoon's favourite basketball. than he was about him being hit by a car." She said with a slight giggle before I saw the darkness overtake her once again. "He needs an MRI to check his head. The x-rays showed there was no damage to his skull but they need to check everything. He wanted Hyunjin to stay with him whilst they did it."

I took the coffee over to her which she took gladly.

"I've left a message for Namjoon but he hasn't responded, have you heard from him?" I shook my head, I didn't need to check, Namjoon and me had. never even exchanged numbers. "Ms Kim?" A tall skinny doctor in a white coat approached from the doors at the other side of the room. Aera stood quickly, she almost fell over so I jumped to her side taking her hand to steady her. She looked down at my hand in hers and smiled slightly at me.