Chapter 16

Alert: Smut Ahead

Namjoon went to get the pizza 10 minutes ago but hadn't come back. I assumed he was downstairs eating the pizza without me when I heard a knock at my door. I had just finished brushing my hair so was still in a towel when I answered.

He stood there with the pizza plus a plate of Granny's brownies, tub of popcorn and two bottles of coke. I smiled and opened the door fully to allow him in. He put everything on the bed and sat down. I went over to the closet to get dressed.

I stood for a moment a bit stuck on what to wear. I wanted to be comfy for bed but I didn't want to look like a slob. I dug through the bags from my shopping trip this morning which now felt like a million years ago. I found a black tank top and some shorts.

I heard a bottle of water hit the floor and stifled a giggle. Was he nervous or naturally clumsy? Given he's a gifted basketball player I'm going to guess the former.

I gave myself the once over in the mirror. I still looked like me, just a more confident me. I had worn things like this before under a giant hoodie but I was quite proud that I didn't feel the need to hide anymore.

I left the closet, my belly grumbling at the smell of the fresh pizza. It took me a second to spot Namjoon. The food was all still on the bed but he was sitting on the floor next to it. I walked around to see what was going on. Namjoon was sitting crossed leg, the water bottle I assumed dropped earlier in his lap, my green bag open and my copy of 'Alpha Killian' in his hands.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing going through my stuff?!"I exclaimed as I grabbed the bag from next to him and shoved it under the bed. He rose to his full towering height, raising the book above the grasp of my frame and continuing to read without answering me.

I stepped up onto the bed to reach but he just used one hand to push me away from the book as a smirk came across his face. I pout at him and he finally relents, placing the book in my open hands.

"So do you believe in all that soulmate stuff?" he asks as I begin to dig into the food around me. Honestly I did not think that would be the part that interested him when half the book is the main character getting banged every which way from here to Sunday.

"It's fiction, Namjoon. It's about werewolves who are destined to be a perfect mate. Their other half. It's not. exactly what humans are best known for. We both sat back on the bed before he said anything else.

"So you don't think there's a perfect person out there for you? Someone who can make you feel like the boy in your book does?"

I grab another slice of pizza. "The thing he mostly feels are his orgasms. I'm sure there are plenty of people that can make me feel that."

Fuck. Word vomit.

I start munching into the slice hoping this conversation will just go away. "I don't want you to find anyone else to do that." His voice is cold and commanding. If we were in one of my books he would most definitely be the alpha and I would be happy to submit to him.

"You don't want to do what?" I asked, knowing exactly what he means but still, I wanted to hear him say it.

His eyes meet mine intensely. I can see flickers of silver in his otherwise perfectly dark eyes. Have they always been like that? My eyes travel to his perfectly plump lips, the cut from earlier more prominent now. He isn't going to answer me is he?

"Who did that to your lip?" I ask instead.

"Someone who looks a hell of a lot. worse than me right now." I don't push further, instead opening the brownies and searching for the remote.