Chapter 9

It was 7:30 and I still felt like this was a bad idea. My phone was blowing up with messages from Hobi. He was beyond shocked when I told him I would be going to a party. One because it's me at a party but two because it was a party he hadn't been invited to.

Hobi was used to being invited to everything and I think he was a little put out about not even knowing about this one.

I didn't bother locking the door when I went to brush my teeth, I'd heard Namjoon left about 10 minutes ago. Aera had lifted his grounding on account of him being less of an all round dickhead.

I was just spraying some body spray on when I heard impatient tooting from outside. I peered out the window and saw Yoongi's fabled black hummer. He'd had so many girls and boys in the car that the back seat had become the stuff of legend. I popped a bottle of antibacterial gel in my backpack in case I touched it.

Dad waved from the kitchen as I went down and I told him I'd be back before 10. I got outside and skirted around the monster of a car slipping into the passenger seat.

"Glad to see you've made an effort Bruce." Yoongi mumbled eying my outfit choice. I flipped him off before he proceeded to pull out of the drive.

Jackson's house wasn't too far and the ride wasn't too unpleasant although Yoongi did seem extremely interested in finding out about the relationship between me and Namjoon.

He asked twice if I'd told him Yoongi was taking me out tonight despite me telling him the first time I hadn't.

As we started to walk towards the door Yoongi threw his arm over my shoulder and I attempted to shrug it off. The door opens and I'm blinded by a large flashing light.

"What the fuck?" I hiss, still adjusting my eyes from the flash. I see Jackson holding a Polaroid camera.

"Wonderful choice my man!" He murmurs whilst hitting Yoongi with a high five.

I followed him into the living room, where he was standing directly in front of me, leaning against the fireplace in Namjoon.

His face drops at the sight of me. Clearly he wasn't expecting to see my face tonight. I scan the room but something is off.

Although Namjoon and his usual boys are here there isn't a plastic nor a cheerleader's uniform in sight. I noticed a few student I recognise from school and a few I don't, but none of them are these boys' usual types.

I look back again at Namjoon and realize standing next to him is Kallie. Her eyes looking up at him like he's the most magnificent man in the world. What the fuck is this?

"What's going on?" I ask Yoongi. He smiles down at me "Nothing." But I'm not convinced. I noticed a few of the other people also looking uncomfortable. Something isn't right.

"Do you want a drink?"

"I'll get it myself" I start towards the kitchen before Yoongi grabs my arm and pulls me back.

"No one can go, the kitchen is off limits for the testicularly challenged."

Yeah, fuck this.

"Ok, where's the bathroom?"

Yoongi gives me directions and I make my way upstairs. I wait at the top of the stairs until I can see he's distracted and slowly creeps back down. I want to head for the front door but I see it begin to open so I dodge left and go through the side kitchen door instead, maybe there's a back way out.

I go towards the back doors when I'm suddenly distracted by an image of my own face. I look at the wall and see a large brown cork board with the Polaroid taken earlier pinned to it. I look a mess in the image, clearly I wasn't expecting to have my picture taken but Yoongi looks great, gleeful even. Almost as if he's won one of his stupid basketball matches with the final slam dunk.