Chapter 1

{Rewritten plot}

Seokjin's P.O.V.

"What the fuck?"

I looked at my dad in total disbelief. "No! Absolutely fucking not!"

"Seokjin, watch your language." My father, ever the pacifist, hates to cause even a moment of pain to anyone yet here he is ripping my heart from my chest.

"I won't go." I pout.

I know it's fruitless, he was going to marry that woman whether I like it or not, he loves her and I know that. I just didn't think it would be so soon.

"I know this has been hard for you Jin-ah, no one is asking you to do cartwheels and throw a parade, I'm just asking you not to fight me on this. I want this to be a new start, not just for you or me but for all of us."

I shuddered at the thought.

"Yes, a start where we'll just pretend mum wasn't even born, since her death made her so easily replaceable." I regretted it the moment the words left my lips. Dad's face fell with the weight of the pain from my words. Fuck.

I ran up the stairs to the comforting embrace of my bed. Throwing the covers over my head to completely engulf me and smother my sobs.

Two years, that's all, two years since she left this world. I still have mornings I wake up and expect to walk down to the smell of her famous chocolate chip pancakes. For me, it still felt so raw, like an open wound that refused to seal itself back together but that wasn't the case for Dad. It had taken him whole 6 months before he found her Aera.

She was beautiful; long dark chocolate hair, perfectly petite frame with a smile that you saw across the room. And younger than him. A lot younger.

Had she not had a son in the same year as me I could have sworn we were the same age with her faultless and damn wrinkle-less face. However, at the heart of it, she wasn't truly my biggest problem, it was the aforementioned son.

Kim Namjoon

The most popular boy in our year - hell the most popular boy in our county! The captain of the basketball team, the ultimate stud, a relentless bully and my future stepbrother.

Fuck my life.

I heard the door to my room open but didn't move from my under my blanket shield. "Get up you sad fuck, we're going out!"

A smile made its way to my face at the sound of my best friend's voice.

"Hoseok, I swear my life is over and I'm never leaving this bed!" - Overdramatic I know but I was having a tantrum so why the hell did not embrace the toddler within.

Hobi perched himself at the end of my bed. "I know this sucks. Honestly, it does but Hun you just don't get a say on this one. I know how much it hurts to hear that, but you just don't, you're a teenager, still living at home and he's your dad, the power just isn't with you here."

"I wish I could just go off to college now." I despaired at him.

"With your grades, you probably could but you run off to college and leave me here alone I swear to the earth mother I will kill myself just so my ghost form can haunt your ass for eternity!"

"Hoseok-ah! Don't say shit like that!" I howl launching my pillows at him. He just giggles swiping them away effortlessly.

I had skipped a grade when we moved to Seoul, I'm no genius whizz kid or anything but I was way ahead of the other kids my age so they moved me up. It sometimes sucked being the baby of the group. "Now come on, I have to get Tae from ballet practice at 4 and she won't throw a fit about going home if you're with me."