Chapter 28

I woke up the next morning much more refreshed. I had come up from dinner and almost immediately fallen asleep, both my mind and body felt drained.

I got dressed quickly into a pair of black denim shorts, black t-shirt and threw a red checked flannel shirt over the top. I knew dad left early and since Hobi couldn't take me I wasn't going to risk having to go with Namjoon.

Jungkook was staying home from school for the week but you'd never guess he was in a car accident a few days ago with the way he was running around the kitchen chasing after dad for the last chocolate chip muffin.

I grabbed a blueberry one from the box when they finally settled down and got a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Dad can you drop me off on your way in?"

"Of course Jin-ah, I'm literally leaving now though so you good to go?"

I walk over to Jungkook and give him a quick kiss on the head then grab an apple from the bowl and throw it in my bag.

"Now I am." And I gesture to the door.

Dad gives Aera a quick kiss with muffin crumbs still on his face before we go to the garage.

On the way we walk past Namjoon's mustang which is now on the drive. So I guess he did come home last night but he still didn't bother to talk to me.

Coward.

Dad notices the scratches on the passenger door from it hitting the garage wall. I felt a pang of guilt, I know how much he loves that car. I need to ask Hobi to get me a quote from the guy that did his to get it fixed. I'm the one who panicked and smashed it into a wall, he shouldn't have to pay to get it fixed.

I love the smell of dad's works van – a mix of sawdust and old paint.

We listened to the radio but didn't talk for the ride. It wasn't awkward, it was comfortable and familiar.

That was the best thing about dad, I knew if I needed too I could tell him anything but he never questioned me on my life. He'd always wait for me to come to him, he trusted me to make good choices so he never felt the need to interfere.

Losing mum had made him fiercely protective over me though. I knew what Aera said last night was true, if he found out about me and Namjoon he'd move us away from the Manor. He only had two rules – no job's and no boyfriends until I graduated. He wanted me focused.

I understood, dad was far more intelligent than people knew, the job he was in suited him but he hadn't had the chance to go to college. He'd had to work really hard to work his way up from the bottom of the company and even though everyone around him loved and respected him, I think he always knew he could do more. He didn't want that for me.

We pull up to the school. "You good to get home tonight? I'm on a late one or I'd offer to come get you."

I give him a quick peck on the cheek. "I'm fine to get Yoongi, I'll see you tonight, love you."

"I love you too Jin."

It was weird being in this early, there was hardly anyone around. I walked over to the bench outside the gym to enjoy the sun and my muffin. I was half way through when the doors behind me swung open with a bang causing me to jump and drop the other half on the floor.

"Oh for fuck sake, why won't anyone let me finish a snack?!" I pouted at my muffin as it sat amongst the dew soaked grass.

Voices caused me to turn back to the doors. I could see Yoongi and Coach Eunwoo talking. I really needed to speak to Coach and see how much trouble we were in from our little show yesterday. If a punishment was to be given I wanted him to know it was all my idea.

I approached them but made a point to avoid eye contact with Yoongi. If Coach had told him what my punishment was going to be he'd have that stupid smirk spread across his stupid face.

Coach caught sight of me. "Hi Coach, I just wanted to talk to you about yesterday."

He put his hand up to stop me.

"It's okay Seokjin. My idiot son here and his moronic teammates filled me in on their antics. If you ask me I think they got off lightly." I look at Coach completely stunned.

Not only had he not reprimanded me immediately, he was actually okay with what we did.

I had never made the connection that he was Yoongi's father. He had never shown any familial inclination towards Yoongi in all the times I'd seen them together.

"To be honest I should be thanking you." Coach continues "If you'd gone to the principal instead of initiating your own form of vigilante justice I would have had half my team suspended for when the scouts come. 'Janitor hot tats' as your friend so eloquently named him came by last night and I made the guys help clean up so no harm no foul."

I feel such a sense of relief I throw my arms around him in a hug. He stiffens, clearly uncomfortable so I let him go.

"Anyway I better get some coffee in me before first period. Its Dodgeball day." He smirks and I suddenly see the family resemblance.

Yoongi shuffles nervously as his dad leaves but his confidence is quickly replenished as his father fades out of sight.

"So can I get one of those hugs?" He asks with his arms spread wide.

"Are you sure? You remember the last time you got close to me?" He instinctively dropped his hands to cover his crotch and we both giggled.

I nod towards the bench I was sitting on and we go over.

"Coach told us all yesterday that he's going to make us run 30 laps before practise for a month for what we did. Says we need to learn some respect." I laugh as he genuinely looks distraught at the idea.

"Oh poor little basketball players! Should I get my violin now?" I respond dripping in sarcasm.

"Funny. It's not like I don't appreciate the cardio but I mean, it's already unfair to every guy here that I have this body, it doesn't seem right to tone it even more."

I roll my eyes. This guys self confidence really has no bounds does it.

"Oh I don't know, have you seen Jackson lately? You might need some tips on how to get lean like that." I tease "I mean those abs alone -"

Suddenly I feel myself being pulled into the air as Yoongi playfully whips me from my seat and attempts to wrestle me to the ground.

"I swear if you get grass stains on this new shirt I am killing you!" I scream as I attempt to wiggle myself free.

"Oh poor little pretty boy! Should I get my violin?" He mocks back at me and the urge to kick him in the nuts again returns.

"Take it back then or this continues!" He shouts as he starts to tickle at my ribs. I'm ridiculously ticklish and start to squeal and squirm.

"Ah! Okay okay! Please! You're a god Yoongi! Your body is beyond perfection and no guy in this county can touch you! Now let me go!" He relents his attack.

He stops for a moment and stares down at me. I see the look in his eyes, I've seen it once before, but then it's gone. He jumps to his feet and puts out a hand to pull me back up.

As I get to my feet I pull off my shirt and look at the back. Grass stains.

"Shit."

Yoongi looks up from the bench.

"Oh fuck Jin I'm sorry. Don't worry, you look good without it." Surprisingly there isn't a sexual undertone to his words.

I look down but feel to subconscious to wear this outfit without the shirt. I'm not there yet. I rack my brain thinking if I've left something in my locker I could use to cover me up and my arms instinctively wrap around my body to cover it.

Yoongi senses my vulnerability.

"Here have this." He starts to unbutton his shirt and removes it leaving him in just a skin tight black t-shirt and shorts.

He was right about something, Jackson definitely doesn't have anything on his body.

"I can't take that, I'll just put this one back on." I say holding my grass stained shirt.

"Look, I have no problems with people knowing we had a little roll in the grass before class but I'm guessing it's not your preferred option so just take this one." He hands me the black and white checked one I've seen him wear a hundred times before.

"Thanks" I say quietly.

I put it on and it drowns me. I roll up the sleeves until they reach my elbows and wish Hobi were here to work his magic.

The shirt smells strongly of men's aftershave and I just pray nobody recognises it.

I sit back down on the bench slightly unnerved by how kind he's being to me and pull out the apple from my bag.

"So where did you and Namioon go last night?" I had to ask, it was eating away at me.

Yoongi shrugs. "Just drove around for a bit. Got a slice from Park's. Think he just needed to vent about this boy he's been seeing."

My heart skips a beat but I try not to show it so he'll continue.

"He actually seems bent out of shape about him, not his usual stance on a person that by all accounts is an absolute prude. I mean what kind of a person gets into bed with Namjoon but doesn't even do anything to him. Something seems off about them for that matter."

I feel sick. Namjoon had told Yoongi about us, intimately. He had made a point to tell me he didn't want me to touch him yet apparently that made me some kind of freak.

"Anyway we probably won't see much of him today. When he gets weird about a person he tends to duck everyone."

I was grateful for that. Yoongi decided a change of topic was in order.

"With Coach's new regiment and the parties this weekend I'm going to be busy a lot of this week. Are you free tonight for project work? I can come to yours?"

I really didn't want to go home. I needed to stay away from Namjoon as long as I could.

"Can we do it at yours?" I ask hopefully.

Yoongi shakes his head. "We could but not until after 6, mum has decided to turn the study into a meditation den and that requires contractors using pneumatic drills to bring on the zen until then. Want to go to Kelly's? We can get coffee then too and if we still have stiff to do by 6 we can go to mine?"

I breathe a sigh of relief. Kelly's coffee is exactly what I need right now.

"Sound's great, perfect in fact."

Yoongi smirks and I realise how that must have sounded but I don't care.

"I'll meet you outside history after last period." Yoongi stands and I look at my phone, its time to go.

I hated days without Hobi, it felt wrong to not have him with me here. I walked with Yoongi to my locker. I was so grateful when I saw Kallie's smiling face. Maybe today wouldn't be too bad.

****************

The day went by agonisingly slowly. Every time I saw short blonde hair I froze but Yoongi was right, Namjoon was M.I.A.

I couldn't keep my mind off him. I found myself acting like some corny love sick teenager in a bad rom-com and drawing his initials into my book over and over again. It hurt to think about him but I couldn't help it.

Kallie kept me busy in history last period. She was getting her head gear off next week and her excitement was beyond measure.

We were still chatting when we left. I felt a strong arm wrap around my shoulder and the familiar cologne that had filled my nose all day get stronger.

"You ready for our date ?"

I rolled my eyes and could see Kallie stifle a laugh as I gave Yoongi a quick dig to the ribs forcing him to get off me.

"It's not a date Yoongi, it would never and will never be a date." Yoongi pretended to look hurt but soon began to laugh again.

I gave Kallie a quick squeeze and watched as she jumped in the back of her dad's car. Her little brother almost jumped out of his seat to hug her.

I followed over to Yoongi's car and we went to our not-a-date at the cafe.